Intel Snaps Up Xircom, Beefs Up Wireless
- SpringPort available for Visor. // RCR Wireless News;11/27/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p22
Reports on Xircom Inc.'s announcement of the availability of the SpringPort wireless data modem for the Handspring Visor personal digital assistant.
- Xircom bundles software with AvantGo modem. // RCR;05/08/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p33
Reports on Xircom Inc.'s bundling of software from AvantGo Inc. in its wireless modem product for the Handspring Visor organizer.
- Intel Revs Up Wireless Offerings. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;9/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p1
Announces that Intel Corp. has added breadth and depth to its offerings of wireless communication systems. Technology underlying its Personal Internet Client Architecture; Expansion made by Intel on the capability of its XScale processors; Outline on the mobile personal computer platform of...
- INTEL/LINKSYS IMPROVE SOHO WIRELESS BROADBAND EXPERIENCE. // Tele-Service News;Sep2003, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the establishment of a technology and marketing program by Intel Corp. and Linksys in September 2003, in an effort to improve the operation of wireless networks in homes and small offices.
- Intel preps mobile initiative. Briody, Dan // InfoWorld;08/04/97, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p18
Focuses on Intel Corp.'s slated launch of its Mobile Data Initiative in an effort to create a standard for wireless connections to corporate data networks and the Internet via notebooks and cellular phones. Coordination with an announcement by telecommunications service providers of the North...
- Intel eases wireless networking connectivity. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;1/29/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on the Next-Gen Wireless-N network connection unveiled by Intel Corp.
- Intel opens wireless center. Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;03/20/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p54B
Reports that Intel Corp. has opened a wireless application development center in Japan. Focus of the center; Tentative year of launching the Wireless Code Division Multiple Access network.
- Intel to launch wireless initiative. Briody, Dan; Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;05/18/98, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p8
Focuses on Intel Corp.'s launch of a collection of vendors committed to the advancement of wireless communications and data exchange called Bluetooth Special Interest Group. Objective of the group; Companies consisting the group; Products that may use Bluetooth.
- Intel Opens Local Office for Wireless Operations. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;06/12/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p15
Reports on Intel Corp.'s opening of a wireless operations division in San Diego, California. Researching and designing wireless network computer systems; Development of business and educational infrastructure.