Spam Legislation Up First In 107th Congress
- New Law Cans Spam. // Association Management;Feb2004, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p9
Reports on the passage of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, the first federal restrictions on unsolicited commercial e-mail in the U.S. Implementation of law and defining commercial electronic mail message; Exemptions of the provisions of the law; Regulation of e-mails that are commercial in nature.
- The law is tightening up on the spammers. Marsden, Nicola // Marketing Week;6/26/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p28
Reports on initiatives in Great Britain to regulate unsolicited junk e-mails. Proposed legislation by Labour member of parliament (MP) Paul Flynn; 'Spam Summit' organized by MPs; Implementation of the European Commission's Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications by October 31, 2003;...
- By the numbers. // njbiz;12/1/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p1
The article reveals the proposed fine for first-time offenders of the Do Not Mail law that prohibits the sending of junk electronic mail to a New Jersey resident.
- WHAT DO I (AND MY CLIENTS) NEED TO KNOW ABOUT CANADA'S NEW ANTI-SPAM LAW? Kember, Lisa // CA Magazine;Nov2011, Vol. 144 Issue 9, p7
No abstract available.
- Calif. anti-spam law called excessive. Garretson, Cara // Network World;9/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p12
Reports on criticism on the anti-spam law in California. Provisions of the Senate Bill 186; Negative impact on legitimate businesses looking to communicate to customers with customers. INSET: California's answer to spam.
- Spam Bill's Bad Taste. Fixmer, Rob // Inter@ctive Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p6
Offers a personal view on the Unsolicited Electronic Email Act passed by the United States House. How the freedom of speech is being affected by the passage of the act.
- Judiciary Committee Marks Up Spam Legislation. // Association Management;Jul2001, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p9
Reports that the United States House Judiciary Committee is expected to report out an anti-electronic mail spam bill to replace the House of Representatives (HR) bill 718. Concerns of the business community on the HR 718.
- No spam for Des Moines. // Marketing News;06/07/99, Vol. 33 Issue 12, Honomichl 1999 p30
Reports on the approval by the Des Moines, Iowa Legislature of restrictions on unsolicited e-mail or `spam.' Purpose of the restrictions; Remarks from Chris Rants (R-Sioux City) about the measure.
- WHAM BAM, NO THANK YOU SPAM. // New Zealand Management;Jun2012, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p5
The article discusses legal action by New Zealand's Department of Internal Affairs' Anti-Spam Compliance Unit against an alleged spammer under the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act of 2007.
- SPAM SLAM. // Entrepreneur;Dec2003, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p101
Reports on regulations in California that bans unsolicited commercial electronic mail messages sent from the state or to any of its residents. Anti-spam measure in the state; Effectivity of the law starting January 1, 2004.