BT Customers Receive Mixed Messages
- BT first brand to advertise on Channel 4 TV-to-mobile model. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;4/28/2005, p4
The article reports on the efforts of BT to become the first advertiser to allow television viewers to interact with onscreen commercials via their mobile phones in Great Britain. As part of its joint venture with Channel 4, the telecommunications company is launching a campaign that will extend...
- BT drops behind Orange in subscriber adds. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p24
Reports on the decline in the performance of British Telecommunications' wireless unit, BT Wireless in Great Britain during the second quarter of 2001. Number of customers added by BT Wireless during the quarter; How BT Wireless defines prepaid customers; Members added by BT Wireless to its...
- BT Plans Sweeping Changes. // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p1
Reports on the planned changes of British Telecommunications PLC (BT) in response to its debt. Debt ratings of BT; Network company and holding company to be created by BT; Changes planned by BT for its wireless communications business.
- Tailless & tetherless. // America's Network;05/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p12
Reports that the world's first third generation (3G) universal mobile telecommunications systems wireless network will be built in the Isle of Man, a country located in the Irish Sea between England and Ireland. Launching of the 3G network; Reasons behind the decision of British Telecom to...
- BT restructure plan includes selling some wireless assets. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p1
Reports that British Telecommunications PLC has launched a companywide restructuring plan that includes plans to sell off up to 25 percent of the company's wireless holdings.
- The Race Speeds Up. // Export Today's Global Business;Jul2000, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the plans of British Telecom (BT) to invest into wireless telecommunication services in Latin America. Strategy of BT for expansion.
- BT shows wireless kit to retailers. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;7/18/2002, p8
Focuses on the wireless technology designed by BT company for shoppers in Great Britain. Features of the wireless products; Advantages of the products on consumers.
- Can BT improve ailing brand by dumping ET? Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);5/31/2001, p19
Reports on the decision of British Telecom to replace its 'ET' campaign with an advertisement featuring characters in the film 'Gladiator.' Strategy to address competition in the wireless telecommunication industry; Relevance of the campaign to the target market.
- BT: Tracking Back Or Signing Off? Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;04/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the problems facing British Telecommunications plc in the wireless business. Market competition; Reorganization of the company; Efforts to boost shareholder value; Possible resignation of senior management personnel.