Meet The New Telecom Chairman
- Upton's biz stakes raise eyebrows. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;02/02/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 45, p10
Reports on the concerns raised over the businesses of Michigan Representative Fred Upton in Washington. Total assets of Upton; Statement of an Upton aide regarding conflicts of interest over the holdings of Upton; Stocks and assets in blind trusts.
- Representative Upton Honored as BIO Legislator of the Year. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/9/2011, p623
The article announces that U.S. Congressman Fred Upton has been awarded as Legislator of the Year for 2010-2011 by Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO).
- TOP TELECOM PANELIST STOCKED UP ON THE BIZ. McClintock, Pamela // Variety;02/05/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 11, p34
Reports the stock portfolio holdings of Representative Fred Upton (R-Mich.) on several companies in the United States. Speculations that the investment holdings of Upton creates a conflict of interest on his decisions; Perception problem created by the portfolio of Upton; Details on Upton's...
- What's In It? // CableFAX Daily;4/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 65, p1
Reports on the plan of U.S. House Republican legislators to offer amendments to the video franchising bill. Intention of Representative Fred Upton (R-Mich.) to give the Federal Communications Commission authority to fine multi-system operators for violating net neutrality principles; Other...
- Should the House Pass the North-American Made Energy Security Act? Pro. Whitfield, Ed // Congressional Digest;Dec2011, Vol. 90 Issue 10, p306
The article presents the stand of Kentucky Representative Ed Whitfield, representative and Michigan Representative Fred Upton on the approval of the North-American Made Energy Security Act (H.R. 1938) in the U.S. During the House floor debate, Whitfield claims that he supports the H.R. 1938...
- Monumental move. Grijalva, Raúl M. // Missoula Independent;12/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p11
The article discusses the author's views on the monumental move of native Alaskan in saving the National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska. He mentions the interests of businesspeople to open the refuge to oil exploration and drilling which lies in the hands of U.S. Congressmen. The author fears that...
- Study: Smut critics reap porn profits. Triplett, William // Daily Variety;3/14/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 54, p6
Reports on allegations that several of the most vocal congressional critics of indecency in the U.S. have accepted political contributions from businesses that profit from pornography. Fred Upton; Sam Brownback; Implications on political ethics and trade regulation.
- Trying to COPE with Washington dÃ©jÃ vu. Bollek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/11/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 47, p14
The article presents information about the Communications Opportunity, Promotion, and Enhancement bill, introduced recently in the U.S. House of Representatives. According to the bill's chief authors, Commerce Committee chairman Joe Barton, and subcommittee chair Fred Upton, and a legion of Bell...
- Upton opposes Bush b'cast tax. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/13/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 20, p3
Reports on the opposition of United States House Representative Fred Upton on the legislature's plan that would tax broadcasters who are delaying the change to digital television. Plans of Upton to block the 'squatters tax' included by President George W. Bush in the budget he proposed to the...