- TIM jumps on i-mode bandwagon. // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the joint venture between Telecom Italia Mobile, KPN Mobile NV and NTT DoCoMO to develop and introduce a mobile Internet concept for the pan-European market. Combination of the companies' skills and experience; Services to be offered; Establishment of a separate company dedicated to...
- Alcatel Claims International 3G Demo a Success. Mason, John // Electronic News;5/26/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 21, pN.PAG
Reports on the claims of Alcatel that it successfully participated in the FOMA third-generation (3G) telecommunication system demonstration provided by NTT DoCoMo and KPN Mobile. Advantage of the interoperability of Alcatel's transmission systems and 3G wireless equipment; Characteristics of...
- I-mode services on track for European launch. Mori, Yoko // Global Wireless;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the launch of i-mode wireless communications services by NTT DoCoMo, KPN Mobile and E-Plus in the Netherlands and Germany in the fourth quarter of 2001. Success of i-mode-like service in Europe; Delay in construction of a General Packet Radio Service network by AT & T Wireless; Plan...
- DoCoMo smoothes path for 02/i-mode alliance. Galbraith, Mike // Wireless Asia;Nov2005, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p8
The article reports on NTT DoCoMo's launching of i-mode in the key market in Great Britain. It was launched in October 2005 by O2 UK. After several days O2 Ireland also launched the service. In Germany, DoCoMo has granted exclusive rights to KPN Mobile, a subsidiary of Royal KPN of the...
- WAP, i-mode may provide ROI for European carriers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p53
Explores the prospects of Japan's i-mode and Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) in Europe. Obstacle facing WAP 2.0; Satisfaction survey result among corporate WAP users; Key to the continued evolution of WAP-based services; Projected growth of WAP subscribers through 2002; Aim of NTT DoCoMo's...
- NTT's Global Reach. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the acquisition of a minority stake in KPN Mobile NV of Netherlands by NTT DoCoMo of Japan. Amount of the stake acquired by NTT in KPN; Other planned acquisition of NTT; Speculation on the entry of NTT in the United States telecommunication market.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the memorandum of understanding signed by NTT DoCoMo with KPN Mobile. Objective of the deal; Intention of DoCoMo for investing in KPN Mobile; Issues that will be discussed by both companies.
- NTT DoCoMo mulls further KPN financing. // RCR Wireless News;11/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p16
Reports on the decision of NTT DoCoMo regarding the future of its shares in Dutch operator KPN Mobile, as of November 2002. Background on the initial plan of the company for its KPN shares; Requirement for NTT DoCoMo to maintain its interest in KPN.
- DoCoMo, KPN Target 1m i-mode Subs in Europe by End of 2003. // J@pan Inc.;Sep2002, Issue 35, p6
Focuses on the strategy of NTT DoCoMo to increase the number of European i-mode subscribers by the end of 2003. Partnership with KPN Mobile NV of the Netherlands and subsidiaries of KPN; Background on the i-mode business of the company; Information on E-Plus, the German KPN partner.