Patriot Coal to pay $6.5M for Clean Water Act violations
- BREAKING NEWS. // Coal Age;Nov2012, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p4
The article examines the proposed settlement agreement reached by Patriot Coal Corp. with Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition, the West Virginia Highlands Conservancy and the Sierra Club concerning claims under the Clean Water Act relating to surface mining activities in West Virginia.
- Patriot Coal receives reclamation awards. // Coal International;May/Jun2012, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p4
The article announces the awards given to Patriot Coal Corp. which include the Surface Mine Reclamation Award, the Habitat Award and the Turkey and Wildlife Habitat Award.
- Patriot Coal receives safety award. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 260 Issue 2, p14
The article announces that Patriot Coal Corp. has received the Mountaineer Guardian Safety Award for the outstanding safety performance of the Campbell's Creek No 7 mine in West Virginia.
- Patriot Investigating Prep Plant Outage. // Coal Age;Jul2014, Vol. 119 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on investigation of the cause of a May 6, 2014 accident that damaged a portion of the Camp Breckinridge preparation plant in Union County, Kentucky, idling the operation of Highland No. 9 coal mine in Kentucky, by Missouri -based Patriot Coal Corp.
- Patriot Will Decide Soon About Idling Hobet 21. // Coal Age;Oct2014, Vol. 119 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that mining firm Patriot Coal Corp. will decide by November 2014 if it will idle the Hobet 21 thermal coal surface mine and the Beth Station preparation plant in West Virginia after it issued a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act layoff notice in September.
- Patriot Coal to Idle Logan Mine. // State Journal (WV);9/13/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p6
The article reports on the move of coal-mining company Patriot Coal Corp. to stop its coal mining operation near Man in Logan County, West Virginia that will cut down the thermal coal production by two million tons yearly while affecting about 250 employees.
- Patriot Eyeing Kentucky Job Cuts. // Coal Age;Dec2014, Vol. 119 Issue 12, p5
The article reports that officials of coal producer Patriot Coal have issued a warning of substantial reduction to the workforce at its Highland and Dodge Hill mining complexes in Kentucky.
- Patriot Coal awarded for safety. // Coal International;May/Jun2011, Vol. 259 Issue 3, p5
The article announces that U.S.-based Patriot Coal Corp. has received the Mountaineer Guardian Safety Awards for the Rivers Edge Metallurgical mine in the Wells mining complex.
- Army Corps Slows Permitting For Appalachian Mines. Holly, Chris // Energy Daily;6/21/2010, Issue 116, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers suspended the use of the "Nationwide Permit 21," (NWP 21) for surface coal mining in six Appalachian states. With the suspension of NWP 21, proposed projects that involve discharges of fill or dredged material into the U.S. rivers will...