Patriot Coal to pay $6.5M for Clean Water Act violations
- BREAKING NEWS. // Coal Age;Nov2012, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p4
The article examines the proposed settlement agreement reached by Patriot Coal Corp. with Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition, the West Virginia Highlands Conservancy and the Sierra Club concerning claims under the Clean Water Act relating to surface mining activities in West Virginia.
- Patriot Coal receives safety award. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 260 Issue 2, p14
The article announces that Patriot Coal Corp. has received the Mountaineer Guardian Safety Award for the outstanding safety performance of the Campbell's Creek No 7 mine in West Virginia.
- Patriot Coal awarded for safety. // Coal International;May/Jun2011, Vol. 259 Issue 3, p5
The article announces that U.S.-based Patriot Coal Corp. has received the Mountaineer Guardian Safety Awards for the Rivers Edge Metallurgical mine in the Wells mining complex.
- Patriot Coal receives reclamation awards. // Coal International;May/Jun2012, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p4
The article announces the awards given to Patriot Coal Corp. which include the Surface Mine Reclamation Award, the Habitat Award and the Turkey and Wildlife Habitat Award.
- Patriot Coal to Idle Logan Mine. // State Journal (WV);
The article reports on the move of coal-mining company Patriot Coal Corp. to stop its coal mining operation near Man in Logan County, West Virginia that will cut down the thermal coal production by two million tons yearly while affecting about 250 employees.
- Army Corps Slows Permitting For Appalachian Mines. Holly, Chris // Energy Daily;6/21/2010, Issue 116, p2
The article reports that the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers suspended the use of the "Nationwide Permit 21," (NWP 21) for surface coal mining in six Appalachian states. With the suspension of NWP 21, proposed projects that involve discharges of fill or dredged material into the U.S. rivers will...
- Republic to pay $1M for violations. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;9/1/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p11
The article reports that Republic Services Inc. of Southern Nevada has agreed to pay a $1 million civil fine to resolve Clean Water Act violations that allegedly took place at the Sunrise Mountain Landfill in Clark County, Nevada. The company also will build and operate a comprehensive remedy...
- Processing firm fined £27,000 for discharge of effluent. // Poultry World;Apr2011, Vol. 165 Issue 4, p11
The article reports on the fine imposed by Harlow, England magistrates against poultry processing firm Paul Flatman for violating the Water Resources Act.
- CODY MINING HIT WITH FINE FOR DEADLY BLAST. // Coal Age;Nov2004, Vol. 109 Issue 11, p8
Reports on fines imposed on coal company Cody Mining for violations stemming from a mine explosion in Floyd County, Kentucky in June 2003. Comparison of the fine to other penalties levied by the government; Information on the coal mining safety violations committed by the company, including the...