RISK SUMMARY: ESTONIA
- Comments and Discussion. // Brookings Papers on Economic Activity;2003, Issue 1, p63
The authors reflect on sovereign debt. According to Christopher A. Sims, repeated defaults on sovereign debt are by no means a new problem and that countries with a history of repeated default tend to persist in this behavior over long periods. John Williamson states that they measured debt...
- Ratings agencies struggle to find footing in crisis. Sanati, Cyrus // Fortune.com;10/17/2013, p1
The article examines the reaction of credit ratings agencies to the possibility of U.S. default on its public debts due to failure of Congress to pass legislation raising the debt limit. A statement by the ratings agency Fitch that it has placed the U.S. on a negative credit watch is considered...
- Illinois Thwarted in Attempt to Cut Pension Shortfall. Reeve, Nick // AiCIO News;2015, p1
The article reports on the ruling of Illinois Supreme Court which thrown out on May 8, 2015 the proposed pension reforms designed to reduce funding shortfall across the state's public pension plans. The court ruled that the reform was in breach of a clause in the state's constitution that...
- Chicago Debt Cut To Junk. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;5/13/2015, pA01
6 Moody's Investors Service downgraded $9.8 bil in Chicago sovereign debt from Baa2 to non-investment grade Ba1, following the state Supreme Court's May 8 decision to strike down Ill. public pension reform. That limits the scope for Chicago to rein in its own high pension liabilities, Moody's...
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Indonesia Business Forecast Report;2007 1st Quarter, p21
The article presents Sovereign risk ratings by the periodical "Business Monitor International," of different countries owing to their debt servicing capabilities.
- Pennsylvania Warned: Bad Pension Legislation Could Backfire. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;6/4/2015, p21
The article reports on the statement of Richard Dreyfuss of think tank Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, who believes that Pennsylvania's pension reform will backfire if does not conform to actuarial principles. His remarks were expressed before the state's House subcommittee on June 4,...
- Moody's Junks Chicago Rating Amid Pension Crisis. Um, Sage // AiCIO News;2015, p1
The article reports on the junk credit rating of Chicago, Illinois downgraded by credit ratings agency Moody's Investors Service Inc., citing the city's growing unfunded pension liabilities. The move follows the state's Supreme Court ruling rejecting the statewide pension overhaul program on May...
- 19 firms in default. // Money Marketing;10/9/2003, p23
Reports that 19 firms in Great Britain have been declared in default by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- Comparing default strategies: moving to a 360Â° perspective. Cobbe, Henry // Corporate Adviser;Mar2013, p37
The article previews the D-XTarget Date Analytics service for reviewing default pension strategies.