RISK SUMMARY: CZECH REPUBLIC
- Czech Republic: Interim Government To Stabilise Policymaking. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/18/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p15
The article reports on the efforts taken by the Czech government to stabilise policymaking in May 2009. Civic Democratic Party (ODS) leader Mirek Topolanek has been replaced by Prime Minister Jan Fischer, the former head of the Czech Statistical Office. The decision of President Vaclav Klaus to...
- Air France to increase productivity. // Management Services;Summer2012, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses how airline carrier Air France plans to increase its productivity by twenty percent during 2012 and 2013.
- Czech ruling party proposes first female premier. // Regional Today;06/20/2013, p3
The article reports that the Czech Civic Democratic Party has proposed Parliament Speaker Miroslavia Nemcova to be the Republic's first female prime minister following the downfall of the Cabinet of Petr Necas due to a scandal of illegal spying and bribery allegations.
- Tapes detail collusion of JanouÅ¡ek, BÃ©m Recordings tie lobbyist to political leaders from 2007-09. HULPACHOVÁ, MARKÉTA // Prague Post;3/28/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 13, pA1
The article reports that the business and political practices of the City Hall officials during the 2007-2009 Civic Democratic Party (ODS) led by Prime Minister Mirek TopolÃ¡nek was shown by the recorded conversations between Prague Mayor Pavel BÃ©m and lobbyist Roman JanouÅ¡ek.
- Air France KLM, Czech Airlines. // AirGuide Online.com;8/24/2009, p1
The article reports on the status of the bidding deal between Air France KLM and Czech Airlines Inc. (CSA) in Czech Republic. Due to the effects of the economic crisis, Air France pulled out from the bidding for CSA, leaving only the consortium of Czech companies Unimex and Travel Service Inc....
- Market Overview -- Travel. // Czech Republic Tourism Report;Q1 2012, Issue 1, p18
The article offers a market overview of the travel industry in Czech Republic as of the first quarter of 2012. The Prague Ruzyne Airport was privatized by the Civic Democratic Party amid opposition from the Chamber of Deputies and was integrated with Czech Airlines. The number of passengers...
- Klaus seems to urge ODS members to reject tax changes. // Prague Post;9/ 5/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 36, pB2
The article reports that Czech Republic president Vaclav Klaus is urging the members of the Obcanska Demokraticka Strana (ODS) to reject the tax changes.
- VÃ¡clav Klaus to run for seat in European Parliament. // Regional Today;03/22/2013, p4
The article reports on former Czech Republic president VÃ¡clav Klaus and his aspirations for a seat in the European Parliament under the Civic Democrats.
- Airlines Industry Profile: Czech Republic. // Airlines Industry Profile: Czech Republic;Oct2005, p1
Presents a profile of the Airlines industry in the Czech Republic. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.