Ohio Power Agency Sells $52 Million Of Bonds to Boost Peaking Capacity
- SCADA by Satellite Helps AMP-Ohio Increase Data Reliability. Meier, Phil // Utility Automation & Engineering T&D;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p60
Explores the upgrade program of the supervisory control and data acquisition systems of the American Municipal Power-Ohio, an electric utility in the U.S. Advantage of the upgrade in allowing the utility to allocate its generation resources; Usability of the system in tracking member's load;...
- Study to determine if state has need for new power plant. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p8
An energy cooperative that includes Cleveland Public Power is beginning a process that could lead to construction of a $one billion power plant in Ohio. American Municipal Power-Ohio Inc., or AMP-Ohio, has asked its 86 member municipal electric systems, including Cleveland Public Power, to...
- AMP: American Municipal Power-Ohio Inc. // Bond Buyer;10/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30742, p40A
Features the American Municipal Power-Ohio Inc. Headquarters; Contact information; Top executives; Ratings and outlook; Total 1998 revenues; Bond issues.
- Austin Powers Up $150M Commercial Paper Takeout. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/16/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32382, p34
The article reports on the plans of Austin, Texas to offer electric utility system revenue refunding bonds. The insured bonds will be sold via electronic bidding platform. Proceeds from the bonds will take out commercial paper issued throughout the finance projects for the city's electric...
- AMP Drops Opposition. // Coal Age;Dec99, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p18
Reports that the American Municipal Power-Ohio (AMP) organization dropped its opposition to the merger of American Electric Power (AEP) company and Central and South West Corp. Issues included in the settlement between AMP and AEP; Details on the issue.
- COUNCIL TO DETERMINE STAKE IN POWER PLANT. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;2/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that Cleveland City Council is slated to vote on February 25, 2008 on whether Cleveland Public Power (CPP) should invest in a new coal-fired electric generating plant in southern Ohio planned by American Municipal Power-Ohio (AMP-Ohio) Inc., a coalition of public power...
- Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority Prepares $600M Deal. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/8/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32852, p6
The article reports on the plan of the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority (PREPA) to sell roughly $600 million new money deal in July or August 2008. Proceeds from the municipal bond sale would help finance capital projects that will upgrade the power system and increase capacity. According to...
- Puerto Rico Energy Commission Rejects Insurerâ€™s Rate Increase Petition. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/5/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34388, p1
The decision is a setback for National Public Finance Guarantee's efforts to cut its losses in the island's power utility debt restructuring.
- Market Post: Commonwealth Piggybacks PREPA's Good News. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;8/19/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34163, p1
The article focuses on the tightening of Puerto Rico's general obligation bonds after the decision of Puerto Rico electric power authority to delay the restructuring of debt came into light. Topics discussed include tightening of general obligation bonds in secondary market, rise in electricity...