Oklahoma Community Picks Up Ailing Hospital for $3.9 Million
- Columbia's partnership strategy. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;3/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p62
Reports on Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.'s technique for acquiring not-for-profit hospitals. Use of the technique by not-for-profit facilities; Benefits of acquiring Winter Park Memorial Hospital to Columbia; Financial performance of Columbia; Composition of the Columbia Park network;...
- No deal? Shinkman, Ron // Modern Healthcare;12/07/98, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p32
Reports that the deal between Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. and Alexian Brothers Hospital in San Jose, California, has been delayed indefinitely. Reason for the delay; Comments from officials of both health facilities; Implications of the deal.
- Discord rising in Nashville market. Kirchheimer, Barbara // Modern Healthcare;11/08/99, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p86
Looks at Nashville, Tennessee's hospital industry. History of its four major tertiary hospitals; How its status as the corporate headquarters of for-profit Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. divided the market into two camps; Two possible outcomes as Nashville's healthcare market becomes overbedded.
- Columbia asks second chance in bid for Lakewood Hospital. Santiago, Raquel // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/02/96, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p7
Reports on the efforts of Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. to participate in the merger options for Lakewood Hospital in Cleveland, Ohio. Responses from the Lakewood City Council; Likely results of the company's request.
- Equality a prominent issue in Columbia/HCA San Antonio deal. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;2/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p41
Reports on the 50-50 deal on a merger between Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.'s four San Antonio hospitals and Southwest Texas Methodist Hospital. Description of the San Antonio deal; Remarks by James Shelton, Columbia/HCA's central group president of the San Antonio joint venture; Government of...
- News at deadline. // Modern Healthcare;5/1/95, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p4
Reports that the state of Nebraska decided that Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. may purchase Bishop Clarkson Memorial Hospital in Omaha. Pending approval of the deal by the University of Nebraska Medical Center; Contentions of the university hospital.
- Columbia to bid for S.C. deal, agrees to novel Fla. venture. Burda, David; Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;7/31/95, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p11
Reports the agreement between Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. and University Medical Center in Jacksonville, Florida, over a hospital chain venture. Reasons behind the contract; Terms; Plans under Lowcountry Health System; Details.
- Columbia seeks OK to build in Florida. Lutz, Sandy // Modern Healthcare;8/28/95, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p16
Reports on Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.'s plans to ask the state of Florida for permission to build a 150-bed hospital in Naples. Difficulty in the approval of certificate-of-need; Comments from Nina Bottcher, a spokeswoman for the state's health agency; Nature of Columbia's hospital construction.
- Ky. hospital may delay decision on Columbia. Fitzgerald, Joan // Modern Healthcare;9/18/95, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the possibility that officials of Kentucky-based University of Louisville Hospital may delay a decision on whether to recommend keeping Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp. as manager of the facility. Failure to meet the September 18, 1995 deadline; Reviews of bids for the contract ...