- Lawmakers must closely read Soldier Field blitz. // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p10
Focuses on the proposed rehabilitation of Soldier Field in Chicago, Illinois, into a state-of-the-art stadium for the Chicago Bears football team. Net value of bonds to be issued to cover part of renovation expenses; Credits for the revamp of the Soldier Field stadium.
- Chicago May Sell Bonds For Bears. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/15/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30954, p1
Reports that Chicago, Illinois' Soldier Field Stadium would undergo a renovation to suit the needs of the Chicago Beers under a proposal being discussed by the team, its financial advisers and city representatives. Cost of the renovation project; Terms under the proposal; Issuance of revenue...
- Muni Prices End Trading Higher; Virginia County Sells $260M Deal. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p2
Reports the gains in municipal bonds. Gradual economic improvement; Demand for limited municipal supply; Price of University of Vermont and State Agricultural College general obligations bonds.
- Soldier Field Plan Must Run Gauntlet of Illinois Politics. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p22
Focuses on the plan to renovate the Soldier Field stadium in Chicago, Illinois, the home of the Chicago Bears football team. Total amount for the proposed renovation; Revenue bond component of the renovation budget; Contribution of the Bears team to the renovation.
- Travis County, Tex., Officials Sketch Bond Sale; Some Erasures Expected. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/11/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31116, p28
Reports the unveiling of a bond proposal by Travis County officials in Dallas, Texas. Prioritization of economic development projects for the five-year bond package; Coverage of the bond package; Assistance to flood-relief plans.
- STAR changes Sought. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p31
The article reports on Olathe, Kansas officials' call for changes in the state law regarding sales tax revenue bonds that would give them the economic development tools they say they need to build and lease a major league soccer complex. The city leaders have asked the Kansas Senate Commerce...
- Oregon public fund merger sets stage for bigger bond sale. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/22/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30215, p24
Cites several reasons behind the appeal of a bond deal offered by the Oregon Department of Economic Development. Competitive sale schedule on September 24, 1997; Department's merging of special public works fund with water-wastewater fund.
- Colorado Voters May Face Growth-Limits Question. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/09/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30950, p4
Reports on the likelihood that Colorado voters will face an additional referendum that could in time affect the fiscal health of municipal bond issuers. Petitioners' submission of signatures for a ballot initiative to put strict limits and government control on growth; Debate about the...
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;5/28/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33122, p7
A calendar of events related to the municipal bond activities in the U.S. in 2009 is presented including the Mid-Atlantic Women's Public Forum at Events Etc. to be held in Hershey, Pennsylvania on June 3, the Fundamentals of Economic Development Finance Course to be held at the DobubleTree Hotel...