Harris County, Tex., Locks Up Great Rate on Courthouse Deal
- OHIO: Bonds OK'd Over Objection. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/22/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32987, p9
The article reports on the approval of a $51 million municipal bond by Delaware County, Ohio Commissioners, despite objections from the county auditor Todd Hanks who vowed to block the plan. Two of the three members on the board voted in favor of the bond proposal. The bond is set to finance...
- COLORADO: Denver's Jail Budget Rises. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/3/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32663, p7
The article reports on the increasing costs in building a new courthouse and jail in Denver, Colorado. It is stated that the cost has increased by 24 percent over the original budget which is only $214 million. The reason for the increase is primarily due to the rising prices of concrete and...
- Miami-Dade Voters Asked to OK $393M in Bonds for Courthouse. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/8/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34173, p1
The article focuses on the plans of the Miami-Dade County, Florida to seek approval by voters for 393 million U.S. dollars in general obligation(GO) bonds for repairing the county's civil courthouse as of September 2014. Topics discussed include allowing an increase in court filing fees with...
- NEW YORK: GOs on Tap in Niagara Falls. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;11/19/2007, Vol. 262 Issue 32757, p9
The article reports on the plans of Niagara Falls, New York to competitively sell $39.4 million of general obligation bonds on November 28, 2007 for funding a new courthouse and police station. The bonds will be traded with multiple maturities out to 2037 and be insured by Financial Security...
- Miami-Dade Turns to P3s. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34393, p1
Miami-Dade County plans to use a public-private partnership to build and repair its court and jail facilities. Qualifications from firms will be sought soon.
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.