TWA Might Seek Chapter Eleven Today
- With TWA Sold, St. Louis to Peddle Airport Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;04/16/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31118, p42
Reports that Saint Louis, Illinois is considering offering general airport revenue bonds following the completion of American Airlines' acquisition of Trans World Airlines Inc. Amount of capital improvement bonds being planned for an offering; Book runners for the transactions.
- American Vows 'Business as Usual' After Takeover of TWA. Michels, Jennifer // Travel Agent;04/16/2001, Vol. 303 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the American Airlines' acquisition of the Trans World Airlines (TWA). Transition plans; Overview on the American Airlines' plans for the TWA.
- New Chapter in Aviation History. Friedheim, Eric // Travel Agent;04/16/2001, Vol. 303 Issue 10, p14
Comments on the merger between the American Airlines and Trans World Airlines (TWA). Significance of the merger on the aviation industry; Changes in the TWA operations following the merger.
- American Wins Bid To Acquire TWA. Moorman, Robert W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/19/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p51
Reports that American Airlines Inc. has won a bid to acquire Trans World Airlines Inc. Terms of the acquisition; Benefits from the acquisition.
- Financiers, Unions Trashed TWA. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/19/2001, Vol. 154 Issue 12, p136
Reports on American Airlines' acquisition of Trans World Airlines. Problems facing Trans World Airlines; Efforts to save the company.
- American sails forwards with TWA acquisition. // Fort Worth Business Press;03/16/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p20
Announces the approval of American Airlines' bid for bankrupt Trans World Airlines on March 12, 2001. Terms of American Airlines' bid for Trans World; Background information on the two companies; Implications of the merger for the airline industry.
- American's Buying Plans Could Give It a Huge Share of the Skies. Jones, David // Travel Agent;01/15/2001, Vol. 302 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the merger between United States airline carriers American Airlines Inc. and Trans World Airlines Inc. Value of the merger; Terms of agreement; Reciprocal advantages of the companies from their deal.
- Air Merger Flurry Puts New Focus On Dangers of Carrier Consolidation. Jones, David // Travel Agent;01/15/2001, Vol. 302 Issue 9, p6
Discusses the impact of the merger between American Airlines Inc. and Trans World Airlines Inc. on the United States airline industry. Possibility that the industry may be forced to consolidate into three or four major carriers; Overview on the current state of competition within the local...
- Say Goodbye to TWA. Shillinglaw, James // Travel Agent;01/15/2001, Vol. 302 Issue 9, p14
Comments regarding the merger between United States airline carriers American Airlines Inc. and Trans World Airlines Inc. Value of the deal; Predicted impact of the consolidation agreement on the U.S. airline industry; Negative comments of some politicians regarding the consolidation trend...