On the edge
- Whispering Sweet Nothings? McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the rumor that VoiceStream Wireless Corp., a subsidiary of German telecommunication company, Deutsche Telekom, was negotiating a mega-merger with AT&T Wireless. View of analysts on the merger; Reason Senator Ernest Hollings, D-S.C., opposes the plan of Deutsche Telekom to buy...
- DT justifies price for VoiceStream. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p36
Reports on efforts of Deutsche Telekom AG to justify the price it paid for VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- VoiceStream Reports Final Financials. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the merger of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. with Deutsche Telecom company of Germany in May 2001. Terms of the merger deal; Significance of the merger to VoiceStream. INSET: BigTalk From CTIA WirelessAgenda.
- Telekom's Bid For VoiceStream: The Right Market At Right Time? Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p54
Focuses on the merger deal inked by Ron Sommer, chief executive officer of Deutsche Telekom AG with VoiceStream Wireless Inc. in the United States. Concerns over the deal; Significance of the deal; Business expansion moves of Deutsche Telekom on the eastern front.
- VoiceStream, Powertel Await FCC Decision. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the pending approval of the merger of VoiceStream Wireless company and PowerTel Inc. with Deutsche Telekom by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Speculations on the decision of FCC; Details of the deal; Background of the merging companies.
- EU warns U.S. not to stop VoiceStream-DT deal. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p15
Reports that the European Union has warned the United States not to block Deutsche Telekom AG's planned purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- GSM puzzle almost complete. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the plan of Deutsche Telecom/VoiceStream Wireless to acquire Powertel. Purpose of the move; Implication of the acquisition; Reactions from analysts about the move.
- Labor, business approve of DT wireless purchase. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;10/9/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the support given by labor and the business sector to the plans of Deutsche Telekom AG to purchase VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- VoiceStream Optimism Overshadows Losses. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 33, p3
Reports the advantages of VoiceStream Wireless Corporation's merger with Deutsche Telekom. Opinion of VoiceStream chairman John Stanton on the merger; Details on the weak business performance of VoiceStream; Terms of the merger agreement.