S&P Renames Ratings Division; Creates New Group
- S&P's Chicago Hires Leave No Tax-Exempt Stone Unturned. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/13/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31036, p4
Reports that the Chicago, Illinois office of Standard & Poor's Corp. has analysts who cover all sectors of the tax-exempt market. Additions to the analysts of the company; Goal of the office in Chicago, Illinois.
- New stock index. Black, Jane A.; Giron, Kristin // Executive Report;Jan1995, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the naming of four Pittsburgh-area companies to Standard & Poor's SmallCap 600 Index. Tracking of performance of small-capitalization firms; Benefits from inclusion; Selection characteristics.
- S&P selects stocks where sales productivity is on the rise. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/29/93, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p9
Provides a list of companies in the United States whose profits are on the rise as surveyed by Standard & Poor. Growth in business sector productivity; Effect of economy on companies' boosting of utilization rates.
- Defaults worst in eight years... // High Yield Report;03/15/99, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p3
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s findings on the number of companies which defaulted in 1998. Total debt of affected companies; Factors contributing to the rise in the number of defaults; Comparison with data from 1991.
- Goodyear pushes on despite downgrading. Dawson, Brad // Rubber & Plastics News;1/28/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the impact of Standard & Poor's Corp. downgrading of debt rating on Goodyear Corp. financial management in the United States. Intention of Goodyear to continue cut cost; Delay of Goodyear financial profile's improvement; Limitations of credit measure of the company.
- S&P Reshuffles Its 500 Index Principal And Prudential Added. De Simone, Marcella // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/15/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 28, p35
Reports on the move of Standard & Poor's Corp. to remove several non-U.S. companies from its S & P 500 Index in order to replace them with U.S. companies as of July 2002. Reasons of Standard & Poor's for replacing the non-U.S. companies; List of the U.S. companies added to the index; Benefits...
- Standard & Poor's Raises Sunstate's Credit Rating. // Rental Equipment Register Exclusive Insight;6/13/2012, p7
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Ratings Service has revised its long-term rating outlook on Phoenix, Arizona-based Sunstate Equipment Co. from stable to positive, to reflect the improvement in Sunstate's credit metric.
- Large-cap stocks still up most, but others moving, study shows. Auer, Robert // Indianapolis Business Journal;01/04/99, Vol. 19 Issue 43, p28
Examines the stocks composing the Standard & Poor's 1500 Supercomposite. Performance of large-, mid- and small-cap issues; Most highly valued sectors.
- Ratings Movers: Maidenform Gets Boost From Revenue; OSI Down Under More Debt. L. A. // Bank Loan Report;6/18/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p5
No abstract available.