Kansas Governor Signals He Would Consider Tax Hike for Education
- Graves Urges No Cuts In Education Spending. Blair, Julie // Education Week;1/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p16
Offers a look at Kansas Governor Bill Graves' State of the State Address. Discussion of Graves' budget and tax proposals; Raise in funding for education; Increase of financial aid for needy college students; Suggestion that the state increase taxes on cigarettes, gasoline, and vehicle registration.
- WITH FRIENDS LIKE THIS... // Overdrive;Mar2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the role Governor Bill Graves in enhancing the trucking industry in Kansas. Selection of Graves for the presidency position of the American Trucking Associations; Effectivity of the presidency of Grave; Desire of Grave concerning diesel tax.
- ATA president wants to improve trucking image. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jul2003, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p31
Reports on the need to improve the image of the trucking industry in the U.S., according to American Trucking Association (ATA) president Bill Graves. Re-affiliation of the National Tank Truck Carriers with ATA; Need to improve trucking services; Aims of ATA.
- Trucking groups urge government support for fuel-saving APUs. // Bulk Transporter;Aug2007, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the move by the American Trucking Associations Inc. (ATA) and the Canadian Trucking Alliance (CTA), to urge the state governments in the U.S. and provincial government in Canada, to revise the fuel tax systems. The initiative is to encourage truckers to use environmentally...
- ATA Chief calls for Congress to go with "obvious" solution for road bill. Schulz, John D. // Logistics Management;Jun2012, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p14
The article reports that Bill Graves, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the American Trucking Association (ATA), urges the U.S. Congress to pass a long-term highway bill and raise federal fuel taxes. He thinks that the problem in getting a highway bill stems from the belief of...
- Hit the Pavement Running. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;3/10/2003, Vol. 267 Issue 10, p29
Discusses the efforts of Bill Graves, former Kansas Governor and American Trucking Associations (ATA) president, to revitalize the downsized trade organization without legacy worry. Graves' career background; Legacy in Kansas; Graves' assets not previously owned by past ATA presidents.
- Kansas wraps up session. // State Government News;Jun/Jul99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p8
Reports that Kansas Governor Bill Graves called the 1999 legislative session a success after it concluded on May 3, 1999. Efforts of the state to help pay for a ten-year transportation program; Other highlights of the session.
- Kansas Budget Includes More Bonds for Highways. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;05/31/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31150, p4
Reports on Kansas Governor Bill Graves' approval of the state's budget for fiscal year 2002. Inclusion of bond authorization increases in the budget for the state Department of Transportation for fairground improvements; Legislators' approval of an additional lease revenue bonds to pay for the...
- Kansas Localities' Suit Seeks Return of $48 Million in Aid. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31533, p4
Reports on the suit filed by Kansas cities and counties in the state's Supreme Court claiming restoration of 48 million dollar that was lost due to reduction in the state budget. Amount of reduction in the state budget by governor Bill Graves; Opposition of the Kansas Association of Counties to...