Houston Budget May Get Smacked With Big Health Insurance Hike
- South Dakota Budget Restores Education Funds, Boosts Medicaid. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/7/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33675, p5
The article reports on the approval of the 4 billion dollar budget fought by the lawmakers in South Dakota to reflect the state's move to strengthen fiscal position.
- Order in the house. // Caribbean Business;9/6/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p26
Editorial. Comments on the renegotiation process between the government and health insurance companies on the coverages in Puerto Rico. Problems encountered by the government due to its cost cutting activities; Views on the reasons behind the unchanged health reform; Opinions regarding the...
- Direct payments to carers. // Independent Nurse;1/24/2011, p40
The article focuses on the Personal Social Services Survey of Adult Carers in England, 2009-2010, which shows that a total of 8 per cent of carers were in receipt of personal budgets/direct payments managed by the local authority.
- Report: Up to 44M more uninsured under GOP budget. // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p22
The article reports that up to 44 million low-income people will be uninsured as the federal government push through with its budget cuts for Medicaid by one-third over the next 10 years in the U.S.
- Newsletter. Neff, Matthew // American Family Physician;3/1/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p919
Presents health-related updates in the U.S. as of March 2003. Inclusion of a revised Medicare fee schedule in the 2004 Proposed Budget of U.S. President George W. Bush; Launch of the Health Child Care America Back to Sleep campaign; Increase in the number of children enrolled in the State...
- Rx leaders roll up sleeves to block Grassley bill. Fuller, Craig // Drug Store News;11/7/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p8
The article focuses on the Coalition for Meaningful Medicaid Reform's intensification of its efforts to shift the burden of proposed federal budget cuts to the Medicaid program away from retail pharmacy in the United States. A move to change the Medicaid prescription reimbursement formula and...
- Boosting Plan Enrollment. Hernandez, Carlos // Advisor Today;Dec2010, Vol. 105 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the tips on how to explain and convince employer clients to enroll and participate on the health insurance plan. It mentions the clients' need to understand the benefits of health insurance according to plan and cites the role of every insurance agent in disseminating the...
- GPhA meeting rallies members to 'lead America to healthy future'. Eder, Rob // Drug Store News;3/6/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p3
The article talks about the impact of the federal budget bill on Medicaid budgets at the Generic Pharmaceutical Association's Annual Meeting in the U.S. Pharmaceutical industry leaders are confident that the final Medicaid reimbursement model will include fair and reasonable reimbursement to...
- Texas urged to spare SCHIP funds from cuts. // AHA News;9/16/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p7
Reports on the efforts of health care advocated in Texas to urge lawmakers to save the State Children's Health Insurance Program. Budget deficit facing the program; Cause of the financial difficulties.