NRMSIRs Mixed on MSRB's Web-Based Disclosure Paper
- MSRB to Meet With 'Muni Council' in October. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p4
Reports the plan of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to hold a meeting for the improvement of financial disclosures in the United States. Development of a web site for information disclosure; Participants of the meeting; Exclusion the municipal securities information repositories...
- MSRB, housing group launch electronic disclosure program. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;
Reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board and the National Council of State Housing Agencies are launching an electronic financial disclosure program in the United States. Details of the pilot program; Benefits from electronic disclosure.
- Muni Rulemakers Eye Pension Disclosure Info. Ackerman, Andrew // American Banker;2/2/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 18, p11
The article reports that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board is seeking to encourage additional disclosure about public pension plans in the U.S.
- MSRB Set To Propose New Rules. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board will issue for public comment two major, lengthy sets of proposed rules. One rule would implement an online disclosure system for official statements. Another rule would help establish a New Issue Information Dissemination...
- MSRB's SHORT Delay. Akerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/5/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33034, p1
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) to delay partially the rollout of a new transparency system for financial disclosure of short-term securities. The said move is in response to the request for more time to test and implement the system. An...
- For MSRB, From Many to One. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;7/7/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33345, p1
The article offers information on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) and its online system Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA) in the U.S. It notes that MSRB became the only nationally recognized municipal securities information repository (NRMSIR) which provides an easy...
- SIFMA Pledges Support to MSRB's Online Disclosure Plan. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;3/20/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32590, p4
The article reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's proposal to develop an online disclosure system for official statements of new municipal issues. The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) supports the proposal. According to SIFMA, the proposed system...
- Panel Participants for MSRB's Disclosure Forum II Revealed. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p4
Reports on the panel participants for United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's disclosure forum. Meeting of municipal market participants to resolve concerns about the municipal disclosure system; Discussion of legal issues.
- Disclosure Event Unveiled. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p1
Reports that Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) officials plan to meet with key members and staff from all of the major municipal market groups in the U.S. as of May 31, 2001 to discuss whether they should coordinate their efforts to improve disclosure in the municipal market. Reasons...