The European Treaty Framework and the Criminal Law: EC Competences in Criminal Law
- America behind bars. Clarke, Kevin // U.S. Catholic;Jun98, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the criminal justice policy in the United States. Background information on the Sheridan Correctional Center in Illinois; Information on the prisoners inside the center; Crime rate and incarceration in the country compared to Russia; Effect of the growing population of prisoners to...
- The Schizophrenias of International Criminal Law. Ratner, Steven R. // Texas International Law Journal;Spring98, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p237
Discusses seemingly arbitrary schisms that emerged from the international legal process criminalizing violations of human rights and humanitarian law. Identification of schisms; Roots of schisms; Trends of decision toward criminalization of human rights atrocities beyond traditional war crimes.
- Unele consideratii privind aplicarea in timp a legii penale in cazul minorilor, determinate de intrarea in vigoare a noului Cod penal. Lupu, Liviu // Criminal Law Writings / Caiete de Drept Penal;2012, Issue 1, p101
The present study aims at synthesising the legal regime applicable to minors, from a double perspective, that of the Penal Code in force as well as that of the new Penal Code of 2009, as regards the matter of the more lenient criminal law. The study tries to seek a balance between the current...
- PEDEPSELE ACCESORII APLICABILE PERSOANEI FIZICE �N CODUL PENAL �N VIGOARE SI �N SOUL COD PENAL. Truichici, Adrian M. // Romanian Penal Law Review;oct-dec2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p82
The author highlights the contradictions stemming from the way in which accessory penalty is regulated, reaching the conclusion that the term accessory penalty doesn't correspond anymore, in principle, with its content and that another term should be identified.
- Criminal Sanctions for Legal Persons in the Criminal Law in Bosnia and Herzegovina. // Annual of the Faculty of Law / Godisnjak Fakulteta Pravnih Nauka;jul2012, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p170
The author analyzes the system of criminal sanctions for legal persons prescribed by the criminal legislation in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Briefly referring to the conditions and reasons for the introduction of corporate liability for criminal acts, moves through the legal milieu that it provides,...
- Organisational-tactical features of appointment and carrying out of examinations on crimes committed by organized criminal groups and communities. Pantyukhina, G. A.; Zayko, T. M.; Bezrukov, Yu. V. // Russian Juridical Journal / Rossijskij Juridiceskij Zurnal;Jul2011, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p154
The questions of organizational-tactical features of appointment and carrying out of examinations on crimes committed by organized criminal groups and communities are considered in the article. The necessity of special knowledge usage is caused by achievement of scientific and technical progress...
- REVOLUTIONS IN ACCOUNTABILITY: NEW APPROACHES TO PAST ABUSES. Sriram, Chandra Lekha // American University International Law Review;2003, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p301
Examines the development of international criminal law, focusing on the rise on prosecutions far from the locus of the original crimes, particularly through the exercise of universal jurisdiction. Developments in the contemporary practice of universal jurisdiction; Approaches to the practice of...
- JUSTIFICATION AND EXCUSE: WHAT THEY WERE, WHAT THEY ARE, AND WHAT THEY OUGHT TO BE. Milhizer, Eugene R. // St. John's Law Review;Summer2004, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p725
Discusses the concept of justification and excuse in the context of modern criminal law systems. Historical survey of justification and excuse as criminal defenses; Justification and excuse in the ancient world; Information on ancient Greek legal system.
- The Prosecutor v. Laurent Semanza, Case No. ICTR-97-20, Judgment, Appeals Chamber (20 May 2005). Weernink, Anne // Chinese Journal of International Law;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p115
This case note identifies the relevant findings of the Appeals Judgment of Semanza, which have an impact on the development of international criminal law. In particular, the case note will discuss the phenomenon of cumulative convictions, the position of authority within the definition of...