- The Wright Plan for the Horace Sheffield Jr. Collection. Moore, David J. // MAC Newsletter;Jan2014, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p27
The article offers information on collections of civil rights activist Horace Sheffield Jr. Topics discussed include collected materials related to labor and civil rights movements, plans to manage archives of Sheffield, role of Sheffield in the Trade Union Leadership Coalition (TULC) and,...
- LETTERS TO THE EDITORS. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn80, Issue 41, p21
Presents letters to the editor of the 'Bulletin of the Society for the Study of Labour History,' published in the journal's September 1980 issue. Efforts to resolve questions about Marxist leader Leon Trotsky's application for a visa to go to England in 1929; Arguments against the...
- O trabalho de um Centro de DocumentaÃ§Ã£o: O NÃºcleo de DocumentaÃ§Ã£o HistÃ³rica da UFPel. LONER, Beatriz Ana; GILL, Lorena Almeida // PatrimÃ´nio e MemÃ³ria;jul-dez2013, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p241
The NÃºcleo de DocumentaÃ§Ã£o HistÃ³rica of Universidade Federal de Pelotas gathers the functions of preservation of archives, through a specialized center that works with documents about themes related to social and regional history and research laboratory, besides advising in fields...
- LABOUR HISTORY. Gollan, R. A. // Bulletin of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour Histo;Jan1962, Issue 1, p3
The author discusses the purpose and goals of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History (ASLH), which was formed in May of 1961. The aim of ASLH is to assist in creating a network of contacts for the exchange of information, provide a central location for the preservation and...
- Milestones in the history of organized labor. Gray, Robert T. // Nation's Business;Feb96, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p22
Presents the history of events that occurred in organized labor in the United States. Details on launch of umbrella organizations in 1866-1880; Information on rail workers strike against Pullman Company in 1894; More.
- Badgering the Union. Martin, Paul K. // History Today;Jan94, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p9
Reflects on the creation of a new `super union' in June 1993 in England. Discussion of how Unison was created by an amalgamation of the three main public sector union. Historical information the union movement in England; `The Life of a Docker's MP,' by James Sexton; More.
- The Rise and Fall of the Israeli Labour Movement: Part One. Shaal, Gil // Contemporary Review;Feb2000, Vol. 276 Issue 1609, p64
Discusses issues which are of relevance to the rise and fall of the Israeli Labour Movement (ILM). Origins of the ILM; Accomplishments of the movement; Activities embraced by labour-sponsored co-operatives.
- CORRECTION: "Who were the Conscriptionists?". // Labour History;May1970, Issue 18, p60
A correction to the article "Who were the Conscriptionists?" published in a previous edition of the journal is presented.
- Books: Review/commentary. Warner, Jessica // Contemporary Drug Problems;Spring93, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p157
Comments on the essay `The Tavern and Politics in the German Labor Movement, c. 1870-1914,' by James Roberts. Discussion on the political role of taverns during the Franco-Prussian War in 1871.