Theses and Dissertations
- "Striden agde rum i Malmo": Mollevangskravallerna 1926: en studie i politiskt vald i mellankrigstidens Sverige. Hilson, Mary // Historisk Tidskrift;2010, Vol. 130 Issue 4, p786
This article reviews Stefan Nyzell's dissertation on the Mollevangen riots of 1926 in the Swedish city of Malmo. The article has two main purposes. Nyzell wants to create a better understanding of why a long and peaceful labor conflict developed into large, violent demonstrations. He also...
- THESES AND DISSERTATIONS: 2001. Adeeb, Yasmin; Bennett, John // Labour History Review (Maney Publishing);Dec2002, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p299
The article presents a list of theses and dissertations on British and Irish labor history released in 2001. They include "Economic and social aspects of the Essex coastal trade, c. 1700-1900," by Roger Becketts, "Demographic, economic and social change in the later 18th and early 19th...
- 1996 dissertations. Strom, Claire // Agricultural History;Summer97, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p357
Presents a number of dissertations which were published in 1996. Dissertations include `Before Eve Was Eve: 2,200 Years of Gendered History in East-central Africa,' `Recreating Eden: Agro-Ecological Change, Food Security and Environmental Diversity in Southern Angola and Northern Namibia' and...
- Pity the Program Chair: A Brief Guide to Preparing Academic Proposals. Bowman, Joel P. // Bulletin of the Association for Business Communication;Mar1994, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p63
Presents a brief guide to preparing academic proposals. Duties of the program chair for ABC; Importance of the deadline for submissions; Entry of basic information into a database; Abstract as a principal sales tool; Preregistration requirement; Application of the you-attitude.
- How to design a dissertation project. Lanyon, Scott M. // BioScience;Jan1995, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p40
Presents pointers for students on how to design a dissertation project. Goals for making a dissertation project; Conceptual foundation of dissertation projects; Data collection; Research.
- Program inspires black teens to attend college. // Curriculum Review;Nov90, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p11
Reports about a program called `Love of Learning' for black eight graders in North Carolina where students in high school prepare themselves for college. How the program operates; Its sponsor.
- FWISD C3 lands featured role at national seminar. Bronstad, Amanda // Business Press;10/17/97, Vol. 10 Issue 25, p1
Reports that Fort Worth ISD's C3 program has successfully allied education with the local business community by improving students. How the program has benefited students; Accomplishments feature in the C3 project; Comments from Peggy Siegel, director of the business and education leadership...
- Theses of 1990 Economic Development Institute graduates. // Economic Development Review;Fall90, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p58
Presents a list of theses from the 1990 Economic Development Institute graduates.
- Bring a pillow. Koehl, Carla; Rogers, Patrick // Newsweek;3/13/1995, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p6
Lists the titles of doctoral dissertations of several Republicans. Newt Gingrich; Phil Gramm; Dick Armey; Roscoe Bartlett.