The Secret Police at Kew
- 'More urgency on proposals needed'. // Community Care;3/17/2005, Issue 1564, p6
Reports on the factors needed to create a national information technology (IT) system for sharing police intelligence in England and Wales as cited by Sir Michael Bichard, chair of the Ian Huntley inquiry. Need for sustained action to create a national IT system for sharing police intelligence;...
- Two States to Share Security Essentials. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Jun2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p68
Reports on the intelligence service cooperation agreement between security and law enforcement officials in Arizona and New Mexico in 2004. Terms of the agreement; Development of information centers in the states; Prospective participant in the intelligence sharing.
- Police intelligence unit targets plant theft. Sowman, Colin // Contract Journal;4/2/2008, Vol. 442 Issue 6669, p13
The article reports on an announcement by the British police of two initiatives to address plant theft. This would include the setting up of a National Plant Intelligence Unit and operation Crassus, a two-week Britain-wide purge on checking plant movements. A central plant unit has long been...
- THE FIFTH MAN. Carver, George A. // Atlantic (02769077);Sep88, Vol. 262 Issue 3, p26
Presents information on the Cambridge Comintern, which serve the Soviet Union as they penetrated the British government and its intelligence services in the late 1920s and 1930s. Question on whether there was a still-unidentified fifth man; Information on the conduct of members Donald Maclean...
- COMMENTARY. Jones, John // Police Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p277
The author offers insights on fundamental issues to be considered to obtain successful intelligence-led efforts to policing. He stresses the importance of the ability to capture information, analyze and take appropriate actions. He also noted the need for police and intelligence services to...
- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Lesotho;Mar2006, p5
Presents an update on the defense system of Lesotho as of March 2006. Composition of the Lesotho Defense Force and the Lesotho Mounted Police Service; Background on the intelligence service of the country; Description of relations between the police and the army.
- Cops keep up with blue collar crime tactics. // Malay Mail;9/25/2012, p2
The article reports that the Malaysian police has adopted intelligence-driven models and novel technologies to better deal with financial crimes.
- DEFENSE. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Lesotho;Mar2005, p8
Reports on the national security of Lesotho. Components of security force; Service intelligence directly accountable to the Prime Minister; Relations between the country's police and army.
- Budget will finally tell more complete story. // Body Politic;Jan/Feb84, Issue 100, p13
Reports on the breakdown of the proposed budget of the Metro police in Toronto, Ontario for 1984. Distribution of intelligence budget to areas such as surveillance and wiretapping; Increase requested by the police for the Morality squad; Total spending amount preferred by the police.