BIO, ASCO, and Clinical Trials
- Catching a Big Pharma Partner. Branca, Malorye A. // Bio-IT World;Feb2005, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p10
Deals with the strategies of biotechnology companies in seeking pharmaceutical companies for partnership in drug developments. Background of the bidding process for the Phase II clinical trial of Icos' erectile dysfunction compound; Insight into the control of biotechs on the partnering process...
- More Biotech Firms Head to ATM for Cash. Quigley, Kelly // San Diego Business Journal;4/9/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p3
The article offers information on the "at-the-market" (ATM) stock offering, a financing approach adopted by publicly-listed biotechnology companies in the U.S. to raise capital that entails the selling of newly issued shares at the prevailing market price.
- A plant-based expression system for matching cDNA clones... Matthews, P.R.; Gubler, F. // Plant Molecular Biology Reporter;Jun97, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p163
Presents a study on the use of biotechnology to improve plant growth and performance often entails the characterization of cDNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) clones encoding enzymes influencing desirable traits. Discussion on recombinant DNA procedures; Analysis on transient expression; How to isolate...
- Assessing the interpretation of criteria for clinical trial eligibility: A survey of oncology... Weijer, Charles; Freedman, Benjamin; Shapiro, Stanley; Fuks, Abraham; Skrutkowska, Myriam; Sigurjonsdottir, Maria // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Feb98, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p17
Presents a study with the goal of determining the criteria for clinical trial eligibility with reference to the exclusion of the elderly, persons with psychiatric diseases and substance abuse problems. Methodology used to conduct the study; Results and discussion of the study.
- More Trouble Over EU Clinical Trials Rules. O'Donnell, Peter // Applied Clinical Trials;Jan2003, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on the views of health practitioners on the problems associated with the implementation of the European Union directive on clinical trials. Effects of disparate legal regulations on the success of international clinical trials; Details of the protocol amendment procedures and...
- The Woodsman's Tale. Waife, Ronald S. // Applied Clinical Trials;Feb2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p34
Focuses on the developments made in clinical monitoring, medical affairs and data management for clinical research in Massachusetts. Accounts on the financial problems encountered by research clinics; Details on roles and responsibilities of clinical research associates; Factors affecting the...
- Correction. // Applied Clinical Trials;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p22
Presents a corrected reprint of the article previously published on the May issue of the journal 'Applied Clinical Trials.'
- Calendar of Events. // Applied Clinical Trials;Oct2004, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p68
Presents a calendar of events related to clinical trials in the U.S.
- Study Completion Times. // Applied Clinical Trials;May2011, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p19
The article offers analysis on the study completion times on applied clinical trials of contract research organization or sponsor company of the study in the U.S.