LOOKING BACK--AND FORWARD
- Editor's Page. Rainbow, F. H. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2005, Vol. 131 Issue 4, p8
The article presents the experience that the author had being the editor of the journal Proceedings of the United States Naval Institute. The author remarks that he had the opportunity and the pleasure to contribute in a series of positions that matched well with his sense of the Naval...
- Focus is always on the readers. Dennis, Allan // Landscape Trades;Sep2007, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p6
The author reflects on his responsibilities as editor of "Landscape Trades." According to the author, "Landscape Trades" is a premier trade magazine, and he will do his best to ensure that it continues. He states that the number one goal of this magazine is to provide timely, informative and...
- Teaching more than English in secondary education. Banegas, Dar�o Luis // ELT Journal: English Language Teachers Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p80
This is a feature in which individuals are invited to express their personal, and sometimes controversial views on professional issues. These views are not necessarily those of the Editor, the Editorial Panel, or the Publisher. Reaction to Comment features is especially welcome in the form of a...
- By the Time You Read Thisâ€¦. MCKEVITT, KAREN // Theatre Bay Area;Nov2010, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p3
The author reflects on her experience of serving as editor-in-chief of "Callboard" magazine, which eventually became the "Theatre Bay Area" magazine. She believes that she was lucky getting the position in October 2002, while the magazine was at its best, with a loyal readership and a committed...
- Country conversation & feedback. Park, M. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Do we understand the impact of wind turbines," in the November/December 2010 issue, "Lining up for a free dinner," by Rebecca White, in the September/October 2010 issue, and "Are we dreaming," in...
- SEA MAIL. // Sea Classics;Apr2012, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p4
Several letters to the editor, which includes appreciation of various articles that have appeared in the previous issues of the periodical by readers and reply from the editor to the same, are presented.
- From the Editor... // Desert Plants;Jun2008, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p2
The author reflects on his 15th year as editor and on the 29th issue of "Desert Plants." She claims that she had learned much from several authors and had considered contributors as her friends and colleagues. She likewise expresses pride on the profound changes undergone by the publication,...
- 10 TIPS for freelance success. Bittner, Robert // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);May2004, Vol. 117 Issue 5, p24
Presents tips for freelance writers wanting to build relationships with magazine editors. Importance of knowing a magazine's target market; Advantages of keeping in touch with editors during down times; Necessity of doing a follow-up on assignments.
- Try our spring collection. Lane, Martin // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;2/4/2005, Issue 1755, p8
The article presents information about the spring issue of the periodical "Travel Weekly." The periodical's successful lifestyle supplement TW2 is on its way and, due to popular demand, and editors are giving readers the chance to reserve their copy now.