- Paving the way for multi-Maya visits. Arellano, Luisa Esquiroz // Travel Agent;4/22/96, Vol. 279 Issue 8, p94
States that the five countries of Mundo Maya, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, have joined forces to build roads, expand airports and reduce paper work to facilitate frontier crossings easier for tourists. Transportation agreement between the Mexican and Guatemalan...
- Weather aids tourism boom; WMTA relocated. Blake, Laura // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/31/95, Vol. 13 Issue 31, p3
Focuses on the tourist industry in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Beneficial effect of heat wave on tourism industry; Marketing efforts of the West Michigan Tourist Association; Partnership between the Michigan Travel Bureau and Lake Michigan Car Ferry; Remarks of tourism officials on heavy visitor...
- Mundo Maya boosts tourism. // Americas;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p52
Reports on the founding of the Mundo Maya organization to develop a responsible type of tourism which incorporates and dignifies the indigenous Maya communities. Member countries; Rapid growth of Honduras' tourist trade.
- Protest by postcard. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct95, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the `Our Holidays, Their Homes' campaign run by pressure group Tourism Concern to increase awareness among potential tourists to East Africa about the exclusion of indigenous tribal people from tourism efforts.
- Tourism Association of Rincon formed. Bava, Terry Chevako // Caribbean Business;6/8/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p26
Reports on the formation of the Tourism Association of Rincon. Stated mission; Position statement on the creation of a master plan for tourism in Puerto Rico's northwest region; Problems in the tourist industry.
- Hawaii Ecotravel staff issues tourism manual. // In Business;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the Hawaii Ecotourism Association's preparation of an Ecotourism Manual. Standards for conducting ecotours; Initiatives to better utilize and preserve the state's natural reserves.
- The Caribe Hilton is environmentally sound. Yu, Roger // Caribbean Business;1/8/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p15
Presents information on the Caribe Hilton in Puerto Rico, while focusing on the hotel's membership with the Caribbean Action for Sustainable Tourism (CAST); Comment from Kelly Robinson, director of CAST; Cost of CAST membership; Details on the organization.
- TIPTO members claim sales rise. Huxley, Lucy // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/25/2002, Issue 2502, p9
Presents an update on the British tourist trade as of February 25, 2002. Average rise in the sales of the Truly Independent Professional Travel Organisation; Percentage increase in bookings in 2002 compared in 2001; Number of roadshows that the organization plans to sponsor in the spring of 2002.
- More hours in AUH. // Travel Daily;4/12/2013, p7
The article announces that Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority's successful promotion entitled "96 hours in Abu Dhabi" will be repeated in 2013 showcasing more suggested itineraries containing 96-hour visits to the emirate.