Merger Partners Call It Quits
- Western: Unlikely To Adapt to Bad News. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;01/08/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
Focuses on the merger between Adaptive Broadband Corp. and Western Multiplex Corp. Cost of the merger; Terms of the deal; Market capitalization of both companies.
- Fixed wireless merger re-evaluated. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;01/08/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 2, p20
Deals with the reevaluation made by Western Multiplex company on its planned acquisition on Adaptive Broadband company. Reason for the decision of Western to reevaluate its plan; Objective of the merger; Forecast on the condition of the fixed wireless market.
- Western Multiplex to acquire Adaptive Broadband. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p20
Reports on the merger between United States telecommunication companies Western Multiplex Corp. and Adaptive Broadband Corp.
- TRENDS. Kelly, Sean // Communications News;Jan2001, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
Presents news briefs relating to consolidation and merger of business enterprises. Purchase of Adaptive Broadband by Western Multiplex; Acquisition of Hekimian by Spirent; Merger agreement between Comverse Technology and Exalink.
- Consolidation ahead for broadband players. Smith, Hilary // Global Wireless;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the broadband and cellular communication industry in the U.S. as of March 2001. Purpose of the mergers of cellular carriers with competitors; Discussion of the acquisition of Newbridge Networks by Alcatel; Factors that led to the termination of the attempt of Western Multiplex to...
- Union Between Neighbors Punishes Stock Prices. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;11/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p16
Reports on the merger of two Sunnyvale, California-based broadband fixed-wireless providers, Western Multiplex Corp. and Adaptive Broadband Limited. Similarities between the two companies; Comments from equity analyst James McIlree about the merger; Reaction of investors to the merger.
- Broadband merger canceled. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;1/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p7
Announces the termination of Western Multiplex Corp.'s planned acquisition of Adaptive Broadband Corp. citing the decline in the stock market in the United States.
- The consolidation factor. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;11/20/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 21, p18
Reports on the merger between Western Multiplex and Adaptive Broadband. Details on the companies' plan to consolidate the broadband fixed-wireless market; Terms of the merger agreement; Products to be offered by the combined company; Common culture shared by the companies.
- Western supplies PCS to convention. // RCR;9/9/96, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p51
Reports that Western Multiplex Corp. supplied two license-free LYNX spread spectrum microwave radios for instant personal communications services at the 1996 Republican National Convention in San Diego, California.