Motient's Big Push For A Consumer Base
- Motient Re-Enters Messaging Market. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;7/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 26, p12
Deals with the re-entry of Motient Corp. in the wireless data market following a bankruptcy period. Core strategy of the firm with its re-entry; Challenge facing the firm in the market; Advantages of Motient over cellular carriers; Sales pitch of Motient with its service; Comments from Roberta...
- Motient Expands Wireless-Data Net. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/11/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p46
Reports the expansion of the wireless data networks of Motient Corp. to operate in metropolitan statistical areas in the U.S.
- Motient Celebrates 10th Anniversary. // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p34
Reveals how Motient Corp. will celebrate the 10th anniversary of its wireless data network.
- Motient increases stake in satellite biz to build hybrid
mobile network. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;11/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p14
Reports on the success of wireless data service provider Motient Corp. in the satellite communications business, as of November 2004. Total amount raised in a private stock placement; History of the company; Plan of the company to buyback into its former business.
- Neomar extends WAP to PDAs, pagers. Bruno, Antony // RCR;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p28
Reports on San Francisco, California-based Neomar Inc.'s creation of a WAP microbrowser, gateway and portal site designed specifically for personal digital assistants and interactive two-way pagers running on packet data networks from BellSouth Wireless Data LP and Motient Inc. Motient's plan...
- Untitled. // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p4
Presents several issues related to the wireless industry in the U.S. as of April 29, 2002. Emergence of Motient Corp. from bankruptcy; Reason for the plan of ground-penetrating radar manufacturers to file a petition with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC); Fines imposed by FCC to...
- Motient faces internal, external woes as it tries to reinvent itself. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;5/1/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p4
This article reports on the plan of Motient Corp. to change its business model to one that is based on high-risk mobile satellite communications which work with ground cellular networks as of May 2006. The total market capitalization of Motient Corp. is disclosed. Next-generation Mobile...
- Motient Rolling Into Future. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p14
Features service provider Motient Corp., in relation to the Excellence Award in Messaging it won in the annual `Wireless Week' Carrier Excellence Awards for 2000. Details on its achievements during the year; Background information on the firm.
- Do users care about speed? Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p1
Reports the plan of Motient Corp. to resell wireless services from voice carriers as of August 26, 2002. Other companies that offer wireless services; Issues related to wireless data networks; Findings of David Chamberlain on the correlation between network speeds and customer acquisitions.