Subscriber Adds Beat Expectations
- Small Carriers Post Big Gains. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p1
Focuses on the subscriber base and revenues posted by regional wireless communication system carriers in the United States for the first quarter of 2001. Leap Wireless International Inc. Dobson Communications Corp.; Alamosa PCS; Western Wireless company.
- Economy Not Major Factor For Carriers. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p19
Reports developments in telecommunication business in the U.S. as of August 2001. Citation of Dobson Communication proportionate net additions; Number of additional customers for Alamosa PCS; Management of financial issues.
- U.S. Carriers-2nd Tier. // RCR Wireless News;4/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p8
Presents a chart of U.S. companies that represent the largest regional wireless operators based on subscriber results for the year-end 2003. Alltel Corp.; US cellular Corp.; Dobson Communications Corp.; Leap Wireless International Inc.
- Early Q1 regional results offer a tale of two carriers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/18/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p17
Reports on the financial performance of two wireless companies in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2005. Number of subscribers added by Alamosa Holdings during the period; Views of David Sharbutt, chairman and CEO of Alamosa, on the added subscribers; Cause of the loss incurred by Dobson...
- Wireless Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;
The article presents information on the stock performance of several telecommunication companies from March 2-9, 2006, including Alamosa Holdings Inc., Altel Corp., BellSouth Corp., Dobson Communications Corp. and AT&T.
- Dobson stock falls as tier-two carriers post financials. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p13
Presents updates on the financial performance of several wireless telephone service companies in the U.S. as of August 16, 2004. Decrease in the stock owned by Dobson Communications Corp.; Increase of the operating revenue of Leap Wireless International Inc. in the second quarter; Decline of...
- Alamosa Holds Onto Listing; Leap Goes OTC. // Wireless Week;12/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 43, p28
Discusses the effort of Alamosa PCS to avoid being delisted from the New York Stock Exchange in 2002. Delisting notice received by Leap Wireless International; Business plan of Alamosa; Factor that would delist Alamosa.
- Dobson bank loan looms over results, Alamosa gets roaming boost. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/10/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p24
Presents information on the financial performance of Dobson Communications Corp. and Alamosa Holdings Inc. in the U.S. as of March 2003. Increase in total revenues of Dobson during the fourth quarter of 2002; Drop in the net losses of Dobson in 2002; Increase in the roaming yield reported by...
- Carrier news. // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p14
Presents news briefs on the U.S. wireless industry as of April 21, 2003. Increase in the number of subscribers of Alamosa Holdings Inc. during the first quarter of 2003; Number of net subscribers added by Dobson Communications Corp. in the first quarter.