Bluetooth Cuts Its Retail Teeth
- A Primer on Resolving In-Vehicle RF Interference. Noblitt, Ken // Wireless Design & Development;Feb2004, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p28
Discusses the use of bluetooth technology (BT) in resolving in-vehicle radio frequency range and interference issues. Information on the frequency hopping feature of BT; Data packet types offered by the BT standard; Function of Channel Quality Driven Data Rate in BT.
- Bluetooth Headsets Are Setting the Wireless Technology Trends. Marino, Giampaolo // Wireless Design & Development;Dec2006 Supplement, Vol. 14, p20
The article argues that Bluetooth headsets are setting the trends in wireless technology. Bluetooth devices have become very useful for cellular phone users. It has been assessed that Bluetooth technology will expand instantly beyond mobile phones and become increasingly popular in notebook...
- ATHEROS HAS DEMONSTRATES INNOVATIVE MOBILE CONNECTIVITY. // LAN Product News;Mar2009, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p2
The article discusses the innovations for the wireless local area network (WLAN), personal area network (PAN), and global positioning system (GPS) markets unveiled by Atheros Communications, Inc. It states that Atheros is committed to delivering best-of-breed mobile technologies that benefit...
- MOTOROLA UNVEILS MODEL V600 AT AT&T WIRELESS STORES. // Telephone IP News;Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, pN.PAG
Presents information on Motorola V600 wireless telephone unveiled by Motorola Inc. at AT&T Wireless stores. Features of Motorola V600; Role of Bluetooth technology in the V600; Price of Motorola V600.
- TI ACHIEVES BLUETOOTH V.2.0 AND ENHANCED DATA RATE. // Electro Manufacturing;Oct2005, pN.PAG
This article announces that Texas Instruments Incorporated's (TI) fifth generation Bluetooth solution has passed the qualification for Bluetooth specification v2.0 and enhanced data rate (EDR) by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group. TI solution delivers the fastest version of EDR to support...
- THINPRINT PUSHES EMAIL TO MOBILE PHONES. // Tele-Service News;Sep2006, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p7
The article reports that Thinprint, a specialist for mobile solutions and for printing in distributed network environments, has started one of the world's first direct push mail services based on Microsoft Exchange, Cortado, which gives users with Windows mobile device their emails as direct...
- Bluetooth components. // Portable Design;Sep2005, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p35
This article features various components for the bluetooth technology. The UltimateBlue SoC Bluetooth products provide cellular handsets with advanced capabilities, including the enhanced data rate wireless standard and streaming music. Furthermore, the Blutonium BCM2037 stereo headset chip...
- Filter-UK plans launch of Bluetooth marketing tool. Hill, Steve // New Media Age;7/29/2004, p7
Specialist mobile agency Filter-UK is to launch a proximity-based BlueTooth marketing service known as BlueCasting. It has been tested at the Glastonbury Festival, as well as at locations in Bristol and London, England. A number of advertising agencies are also testing the service and news of a...
- When you said 'long in the tooth,' I thought . . . // Wireless Asia;May2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on toothing, the practice of detecting nearby Bluetooth-enabled devices and posting anonymous messages on them. Type of messages; Total number of registered members; Application of bluejacking.