And The Wall Came Tumbling Down
- Find the answers you need, minus the noise. A. E. // Marketing News;12/15/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p27
This article reports on the competition between Internet search engines Yahoo! Inc. and Google Inc. First, there was the search engine. Then search engine optimization, then search engine marketing. Now the two companies want to cut through the data with short message search (SMS) programs. Both...
- Search challengers square up for battle. Davidson, Darren // Revolution (14605953);Sep2008, p30
The article highlights the battle of Internet search engines, where Google dominates over several search engines including Yahoo! and MSN. ComScore revealed that Google's share of total searches in Great Britain rose by 1.8 percent in the first half of 2008 and has been strengthened by the...
- Use savvy searching to track Web presence. Altom, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p30A
The article presents the author's view on the efficiency of using Google Inc. when searching for a person that has many same names since it has only one search engine.
- Smaller brands could be hit by personalised search, say SEO agency experts. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;12/10/2009, p4
This article reports on the possibility that the expansion by Google of its personalised search results could skew rankings in favour of bigger brands and make it more difficult to monitor search engine optimization activity, according to leading British search marketers.
- Google Scholar. // Nursing Standard;7/14/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p48
A quiz concerning the use of the Internet search engine Google Scholar is presented.
- Mitigate Google's Search Algorithm Update Pain With Web Site Housecleaning. Pettice, Jolina; Grant, Jen; Koster, Tim // PR News;5/28/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 22, p2
The article presents information on web search engine Google's Panda and Penguin algorithmic updates. Panda targets duplicate content and content taken from other sites while Penguin targets low-quality links. The updates allegedly have a negative effect on the site traffic and daily sales of...
- THE NET'S COOL TOOL. Croal, N'Gai // Newsweek;7/7/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 1, p61
Discusses the launch of the 2.0 version of the Google Toolbar which allows for quicker Google searches with additional features. Pop-up blocker; Auto-Fill accessory that fills in Web forms with a single click; BlogThis, which allows users to create a post on their Web log that links to the page...
- Google pegs vid ad plans. Kirsner, Scott // Daily Variety;10/9/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the video advertising strategy of the Web search engine, Google Inc. According to the author, the video units will display two different kinds of advertising, both pegged to the context of the site and the subject matter of the video itself. The author adds that content in...
- Augmenting Mobile Search Engines to Leverage Context Awareness. Yndurain, Elena; Bernhardt, Daniel; Campo, Celeste // IEEE Internet Computing;Mar2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p17
Mobile phones are becoming the chosen platforms for web access, with a forecast that over the coming decade more users will connect to the internet through mobile than conventional desktop computers. Internet search is likely going to remain one of the major ways to find information and services...