Cingular Union Contract Could Become Model
- Union Takes Shot at Wireless Carriers. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;6/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p14
Focuses on the tactics used by the Communications Workers of America (CWA) to unionize large wireless companies particularly Verizon Wireless in the U.S. Efforts of CWA to prevent the consolidation among the board of Verizon Communications; Launch of the Web site of CWA that recommends its...
- Cingular employees agree to CWA contract. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;1/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p21
Reports that the Communications Workers of America signed a contract with employees of Cingular Wireless Inc. in Illinois, Massachusetts, New York and Maryland.
- CWA focuses attention on wireless workers. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;06/12/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p28
Deals with the plan of the Communications Workers of America to prioritize the unionization of wireless workers.
- Big labor makes wireless progress. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;01/29/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the deal of the Communications Workers of America (CWA) with Cingular Wireless to unionize its workers in several states in the United States. Terms of the contract; Opinion on the negotiation; Importance of the deal to CWA; Talks between the union and Verizon Wireless.
- SBC WIRELESS WORKERS DIAL UNION NUMBER. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;08/28/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on the bid of the trade union, Communications Workers of America to represent 1,000 employees at SBC Wireless Inc. Agreement signed with the company's top executives; Effect of the update on higher labor costs for SBC's cellular business division.
- SBC Union May Organize In Chicago. // Wireless Week;09/04/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p18
Reports that the Communications Workers of America (CWA) could win the right to organize wireless workers at SBC Communications Inc. in Chicago, Illinois, according to a report. Agreement reached by SBC with CWA in July 2000; Way of getting the approval for the merger of the wireless operations...
- CWA Views Verizon As Key Battle For Wireless Industry Jobs. // Inter@ctive Week;08/14/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p10
Reports that Communications Workers of America (CWA) members who work on the wireline business have a vested interest in their wireless counterparts' decision to join. Estimated number of employees at Verizon Wireless who are members of the CWA; Difference of workers at wireless companies with...
- Cingular Wireless reaches agreement with union. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;3/14/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p40
Reports on a labor agreement between the Communications Workers of America and Cingular Wireless LLC. Percentage of wage increase for Cingular workers based on the contract; Effect of the agreement on employment security; Remarks from Rochelle Cohen, spokeswoman for Cingular, on the...
- Union says it's making progress with Cingular Wireless workers. // RCR Wireless News;9/5/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 36, p18
Reports on the progress in unionizing employees at Cingular Wireless LLC according to the Communications Workers of America (CWA). Statement issued by the company regarding its stand on labor union; Number of employees who joined the union; Failure of the CWA to organize other workers in the...