Studies Investigate Potential Danger Of Wireless Phones
- Will health and safety issues put a crimp on the wireless future? Mason, Charles // America's Network;05/01/98, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p50
Reports on consumers' concerns over the health and safety of using wireless phones. Experiments on the biological effects of radio frequency; Wireless phones' ability to interfere with automobile electronics.
- NTP Elects To Study RF Effects. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p10
Reports on the decision by the National Toxicology Program (NTP) executive committee to study radio-frequency (RF) emissions from wireless devices. Comments from Christopher Portier, director of the NTP; Cost of the research; Legislation introduced to study the health effects of RF from...
- Diverse Radiofrequency Sensitivity and Radiofrequency Effects of Mobile or Cordless Phone near Fields Exposure in Drosophila melanogaster. Geronikolou, Styliani; Zimeras, Stelios; Davos, Constantinos H.; Michalopoulos, Ioannis; Tsitomeneas, Stephanos // PLoS ONE;Nov2014, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p1
Introduction: The impact of electromagnetic fields on health is of increasing scientific interest. The aim of this study was to examine how the Drosophila melanogaster animal model is affected when exposed to portable or mobile phone fields. Methods/Results: Two experiments have been designed...
- Long-term RF study on animals starts amid exposure limits debate. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;5/5/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p11
Discusses issues related to radio frequency (RF) standards for mobile phone and base stations in the U.S. as of May 2003. Information on the RF standard of the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection; Revision of the RF standard of the Institute for Electrical and...
- Mobile Phone Radiation Induces Reactive Oxygen Species Production and DNA Damage in Human Spermatozoa In Vitro. Iuliis, Geoffry N. De; Newey, Rhiannon J.; King, Bruce V.; Aitken, R. John // PLoS ONE;2009, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p1
Background: In recent times there has been some controversy over the impact of electromagnetic radiation on human health. The significance of mobile phone radiation on male reproduction is a key element of this debate since several studies have suggested a relationship between mobile phone use...
- RF Exposure Health Risk Perceptionâ€”A Field Study on the Egyptian Public. Ellaithy, Hamdy // Environmentalist;Dec2005, Vol. 25 Issue 2-4, p251
This work addresses one of the crucial problems regarding the confusion between the existence of any actual health hazard as documented and the public perception of this hazard. The wide spread use of Radio Frequency (RF) fields in general and in mobile communication in particular has warranted...
- Worth noting. Milne, Sue; Stafford, Phil // Bulletin with Newsweek;01/27/98, Vol. 117 Issue 6107, p13
Quotes the comment of a cancer specialist regarding dismissal of a study linking mobile telephone use with brain tumors. Assertion that car accidents are a greater risk.
- Untitled. Pappas, Ben // Self;Feb2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p59
Presents tips on how to minimize oneself from radiation exposure in using wireless cellular phones. Use of an earpiece or headset; Making calls when in a good signal.
- New study links cancer to phones. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;05/05/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p1
Cites a study conducted in Australia which found that rodents exposed to wireless phone radiation, can develop cancer. Potential health risks of wireless phones; Publication of the study; Views of Michael Repacholi, director of the World Health Orgnization's field research program; Assessment of...