When The President Calls...Advisors Listen
- Kennard, Furchtgott-Roth get nod. // Electronic Media;05/26/97, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on US President Bill Clinton's nomination of Bill Kennard and Harold Furchtgott-Roth as US Federal Communications Commission commissioners.
- McCain presses FCC. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p4
Reports on the letter of Senator John McCain to United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman William Kennard to stop blocking off efforts by agency Republicans to get access to agency information. Earlier complaints by FCC Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth to McCain against...
- Furchtgott-Roth questions merger review. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;12/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p8
Reports that Harold Furchtgott-Roth is questioning the review of telecommunications mergers by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Lack of attention given to the merger of Exxon Corp. and Mobil Corp.; Review of companies that are traditionally regulated; Denunciation of...
- President nominates FCC candidate. // Telephony;06/02/97, Vol. 232 Issue 22, p257
Reports on the nomination of Harold Furchtgott-Roth and William Kennard by US President Bill Clinton to fill vacancies in the Federal Communications Commission.
- Notable Quotes From San Antonio. // Rural Telecommunications;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p29
Presents quotations from participants of the 1999 National Telephone Cooperative Association's annual meeting. United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman William Kennard; FCC Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth; Anne Bingaman, independent consultant; Martha Hogerty, public...
- Clash at the FCC. // Electronic Media;03/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p34
Reports that Federal Communications Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth publicly accused Chairman Bill Kennard of axing an agency tradition permitting each commissioner to remove an issue from the agency's voting agenda for a month. Charge that Kennard is trying to force fellow commissioners to...
- Congress to mediate FCC fight. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the United States Congress' mediation into a dispute within the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) involving Commissioner Harold Furchtgott-Roth and Chairman William Kennard. Furchtgott-Roth's claims on how Kennard blocked his access to FCC staff; Response of legislators who...
- It's the Kennard FCC now. Albiniak, Paige; McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;11/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 45, p6
Names those who were appointed as commissioners of the Federal Communications Commission in October 1997. Chairman William Kennard; Gloria Tristani; Michael Powell; Harold Furchtgott-Roth; Swearing-in ceremony planned by Vice President Al Gore.
- Critical Thinking Never Hurt Furchtgott-Roth. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;3/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p30
Features Harold Furchtgott-Roth, former commissioner of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Background of Furchtgott-Roth at the FCC; His comments on the attempt of the FCC at targeting economic groups; Views of Furchtgott-Roth on the 2003 spectrum policy report of the FCC.