Nortel Cuts 4,000 Jobs
- Nortel to cut another 3,500 jobs. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the downsizing of Nortel Networks Corp. in New York. Possibility of selling the optical-components business by the company; Revenue expected by the company; Improvement of the operations to save money.
- Nortel Plans More Layoffs. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the downsizing plan of Nortel Networks. Reasons for the layoff; Profit forecast of the company.
- Nortel Cuts 10% of Workforce. // Electronic News;8/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 34, pN.PAG
Reports on the employee layoff to be implemented by Nortel Networks Corp. in an aim to reset its business model, as of August 23, 2004. Status of employees with primary responsibility for the company's financial reporting that had released financial information during 2002 and 2003 not in line...
- Nortel restructuring proves effective. // RCR Wireless News;12/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p2
Reports on the restructuring of Nortel Networks Corp. in Toronto, Ontario as of December 24, 2001. Effect of the restructuring on stocks of Nortel; Number of employees to be retained by Nortel; Forecasted revenues of Nortel for the quarter.
- Nortel to cut more jobs, expects 10% drop in 3Q earnings. // RCR Wireless News;9/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p6
Reports on the retrenchment plan of Nortel Networks Ltd. Expected decline in earnings for the third quarter of 2002; Earnings posted for the second quarter.
- Nortel Networks cuts 200 jobs in N Ireland. // Electronics Weekly;6/26/2002, Issue 2058, p1
Reports on the plan of Nortel Networks to reduce 200 jobs at its plant in Monkstown, Northern Ireland as part of its restructuring programs as of June 2002. Consolidation of the company's system-house business at Galway into the Monkstown facility; Information on the electronic systems produced...
- Nortel Networks moves 600 staff to Harlow site. Druce, Chris; Mayhew-Smith, Alex // Electronics Weekly;2/20/2002, Issue 2040, p2
Reports on the relocation of Nortel Networks' staff from its Newsouthgate facility to Harlow. Purpose of the relocation; Consolidation of Nortel's system-house business; Total number of employees laid off by Nortel in 2001.
- Top-notch options, newsletter power Nortel's 401(k). Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;3/19/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p27
Reports on the top-notch set of investment options of Nortel Networks Corp. in Nashville, Tennessee. Plan of the executives to move to paperless enrollment; Announcement on the reduction of the work force by the company; Information on the newsletter for the employees.
- Nortel Braces for Breakup. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;11/11/2008, p6
The article reports on the business losses posted by Canadian networking company Nortel. The company posted a $3.41 billion loss and attempted to calm shareholder concerns with a new reorganization plan that will force the company to shed 1,300 jobs and ready itself for a breakup. Effective...