Globalstar Challenges Iridium's Defense Deal
- LIVE VIA SATELLITE. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;9/17/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 12, p28
Discusses the changes needed for the success of the mobile satellite services (MSS) industry in the United States (U.S.). Financial problems experienced by several MSS providers, including Iridium and ICO Communications; Revision of the business plans of Iridium, ICO and Globalstar...
- Hanging on the Telephone. Sciacca, Patrick // Power & Motoryacht;Jun2008, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p75
The article evaluates satellite phone services from Globalstar, Immarsat and Iridium.
- Globalstar Receives Criticism over French Funding at MSUA Panel. // Satellite News;4/1/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p2
The article reports that Globalstar Telecommunications Ltd.'s chief executive officer (CEO) Jay Monroe was criticized at the MSUA-6 opening session panel of mobile satellite sector (MSS) CEOs, for his company's $574 million financing award from France's export credit agency, Coface. Iridium LLC...
- Satellite players satisfied with FCC's spectrum-sharing
plan. // RCR Wireless News;6/21/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p12
Reports on the reaction of mobile satellite service providers to the spectrum-sharing plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Approval of a plan for Iridium Satellite LLC to share spectrum with Globalstar LLC; Spectrum used by Globalstar for transmissions from handsets to...
- Motorola Ordered to Pay Iridium Loan Guarantee. Spector, Phillip L. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article reports on the decision of a U.S. District court judge to make Motorola pay for loan guarantees to Chase Manhattan Bank. The payment is in connection with the loan for the Iridium Satellite mobile phone venture. The court ruled that as a guarantor, Motorola has to fulfill its...
- COTTAGE'S ANNUAL GIFT GUIDE. // Cottage Life West;Winter2013, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p32
The article offers brief information on several products including the Cotton Carrier Camera Vest from Cotton Carrier, the Russell Belt Knife from Grohmann Knives Ltd., and the SPOT Global Phone from Globalstar Telecommunications Ltd.
- Hello Again. Jusko, Jill // Industry Week/IW;Jul2002, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on the relaunch of the commercial satellite communications services of Iridium Satellite LLC in Arlington, Virginia, as of July 2002. Information on the operation costs of the company; Details of several changes implemented by Iridium; Features of the services offered by the company.
- Iridium Forgoes Profits To Build Data Market. Morring Jr., Frank // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/18/2002, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p40
Reports on the investment of Iridium Satellite LLC on software and other technology development in the United States. Goal of the company; Use of two-way call-setup data stream; Introduction of the SatTalk II equipment.
- Iridium Reassesses, Revamps, Relaunches. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;04/02/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p11
Reports on the relaunching of the reorganized Iridium Satellite LLC. Subscribers needed by the company to break even in its operating costs; Target market of Iridium Satellite; Details on the mobile phones used by Iridium.