One Million, But Who's Counting?
- Sprint PCS Web service launched. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p25
Introduces Sprint PCS' Wireless Web, which allows Sprint customers to browse the Internet from their wireless telephones.
- Hot summer nights. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p12
Addresses the issues affecting the wireless communication industry in the United States as of May 2001. Legislation mandating hands-free cellular telephone use; Controversy involving the communication tower of Sprint PCS in Colorado.
- Interconnect changes may cost wireless carriers. // RCR Wireless News;9/2/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p9
Focuses on the changes proposed by incumbent local exchange carriers (ILEC) that would force wireless carriers to pay three to eight cents to carry calls on the ILEC network. Action taken by Sprint PCS to prohibit the proposed type of interconnection.
- Sprint PCS adds on-demand video to Vision service. // RCR Wireless News;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p22
Provides information on the on-demand video information application introduced by Sprint PCS for its Vision service for wireless handsets. Features of the video information application; Cost of the service.
- Music in the Air. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;1/29/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p62
Discusses the efforts taken by wireless communication companies to prepare for the portability of digital music. Critical environments in which people listen to music; Technology development plans of Sensate; Description of the Samsung MP3 phone by Sprint PCS.
- Fast-Growing Sprint PCS Faces Challenges: Report. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/13/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p23
Focuses on the market challenges encountered by United States wireless telecommunication carrier Sprint PCS. Estimated number of additional subscribers to Sprint's wireless service during the fourth quarter of 1999; Impact of Sprint's presence on the emerging wireless Internet market.
- Cellular\PCS. // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p24
Presents news briefs related to the personal wireless communication (PCS) industry in the United States as of October 25, 1999. Information on the Wireless Web Internet sweepstakes of Sprint PCS and Yahoo!; Features of the LGC-2300W PCS wireless handset from LG Information & Communication Ltd.
- Sprint to use Motorola phones. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p32
Focuses on Motorola Inc. and Sprint PCS' collaborative effort to deliver wireless Internet capabilities using dual-band Code Division Multiple Access digital wireless phones.
- Details emerge on Sprint's PTT. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/15/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p1
Provides information on the features of the push-to-talk service being planned by Sprint PCS as of September 2003. Handset which will be used on the push-to-talk service; Comparison of the voice coverage of Sprint and Verizon Wireless; Information on the pricing strategy for the service.