Timeless combinations for the modern world
- New TV formats spark creativity. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;4/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p12
Features television stand and home-theater furniture design from various manufacturers. Wide consoles with underneath storage; Motorized cabinets that raise or lower flat-screen monitors from Century and Hooker; Wall-mounted entertainment centers from Club 8.
- Inside out. // Cabinet Maker;12/14/2007, Issue 5568, p5
The article focuses on the Homebase's spring/summer outdoor living 2008 in Great Britain. The theme will bring run through interiors and exteriors to suit home styles and blur the lines between inside and out. There will be a display of several collections including urban tropics, contemporary...
- THE RIGHT CASE CLAMP MAKES SURE YOUR CABINETS ARE ALL SQUARE. Jenkins, Andy // Wood & Wood Products;Oct2006, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p77
The article discusses the use of case clamp technology in making cabinets by several furniture manufacturers in the furniture industry in the U.S. The use of these case clamps is said to result production gains and labor savings. Case clamps are preferred by many furniture manufacturers because...
- Tall stories. Cardew, Ben // Cabinet Maker;7/22/2005, Issue 5448, p22
The article focuses on the latest trend in furniture design in Great Britain. Phil Goodier, managing director of Stag, asserted that minimal living spaces requires more taller cabinets with wide storage capacity. Thus, retailer and manufacturer Sliderobes introduced sliding and taller wardrobes...
- Pine display cabinet. Holmes, Roger // Woodworker's Journal;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p36
Presents tips on designing and constructing a pine display cabinet. Materials; Preparation of case parts; Cutting of mitered dovetails; Cutting of divider joints; Preparation of back frame parts; Design of door frame; Installation of glass and hanging of the door.
- A contemporary mood is in the air. // Cabinet Maker;01/15/99, Issue 5121, p40
Reports on a shift towards more contemporary cabinetry design in Great Britain. Types of woods that were traditionally popular among British buyers; Re-entry of Rolf Benz to the British market; Influence of the Ikea/Habitat look on furniture design.
- Top gun. Capotosto, Rosario // Popular Mechanics;Jun98, Vol. 175 Issue 6, p120
Provides information on how to construct a cabinet for long arms and pistols. Step-by-step procedures in constructing the case; Tips in attaching the moldings to the case; How to make the supports, doors and drawers.
- Creativity lifts occasional. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p28
Discusses the factors considered by furniture manufacturers in creating designs. Impact of furniture style on sales; Popularity of simplified looks; Increase in the demand for function and storage capacity.
- Czech Furniture--Quality, Safety, and Design. Brunecky, Petr // Czech Business & Trade;2002, Issue 3/4, p36
Focuses on the furniture industry of Czech Republic. Information on laboratory testing of furniture; Discussion on the possible impact of the expected accession of the country to the European Union; Issues on safety and ecology; Considerations in furniture design.