Double figure gains in furniture sector
- Furniture defies M&S sales trend. // Cabinet Maker;01/21/2000, Issue 5171, p5
Reports on an increase in furniture and furnishings sales at Marks & Spencer over the 1999 Christmas period.
- M&S turns up the volume. // Cabinet Maker;11/8/2002, Issue 5312, p2
Reports on an increase in the sale of homewares by Marks and Spencer in the six months ended September 26, 2002.
- M&S boosts furniture display after sales jump. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;12/03/99, Issue 5166, p1
Announces the opening of Marks & Spencer's furniture department at its store in Camberley, Surrey, England on December 12, 1999. Size of the department; Furniture sales in the first quarter of 1999; Types of furniture sold at Marks & Spencer.
- Strong upturn for M&S furniture sales. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p1
Reports the poor furniture sales performance of retailer Marks and Spencer (M&S) for 2001 first quarter. Rate of increase in the second quarter sales; Strategies adapted by M&S to boost the second quarter sales; Details on the modernization plan for 100 stores of the company.
- Home sales up at M&S. // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2002, Issue 5296, p3
Reports on the increase in the sales of Marks & Spencer's homewares, including furniture, in July 2002. Changes in the role of the company's top executives.
- Top marks for ordering. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p50
The article reviews the website marks and spencer, "www.marksandspencer.co.uk," from Marks & Spencer Group PLC.
- M&5 homewares up. // Cabinet Maker;1/12/2007, Issue 5520, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of Marks & Spencer homewares in United Kingdom. The company's sales has been increased to 9.2 percent within three months, from October to December 30. In July to September 30, there was a 17.7 rise in homewares sale and 23.3 percent in the first...
- M & S homeware sales up 3.6%. // Cabinet Maker;5/23/2008, Issue 5587, p35
The article offers information on the article published in the May 18, 1990 issue of "Cabinet Maker," entitled "M&S Homeware Sales Up 3.6%." It talks about the sales performance of Marks & Spencer's homeware division. Turnover for the division as only 3.6% ahead to Â£535.1 million from...
- Hold tight, M&S shares on the move. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;09/10/99, Issue 5154, p7
Highlights Marks & Spencer's market share gain despite downgrading by market analysts on the company's design quality for the autumn of 1999. Updates on the stock performance of other furniture companies; Share updates on furniture retailers, manufacturers and suppliers as of September 6, 1999.