What happens if your landlord goes under?
- Practicalities of subtenancies. Fox-Edwards, Jane; Shultz, Sophie // Estates Gazette;3/22/2014, Issue 1363, p15
The article discusses the practicalities of subtenancies and the risks for subtenants after forfeiture of a headlease. An overview of what constitutes a disclaimer under section 178 of the Insolvency Act of 1986 is presented. The obligations of a subtenant to its immediate landlord on disclaimer...
- Untitled. Fox-Edwards, Jane; Schultz, Sophie // Estates Gazette;3/8/2014, Issue 1361, p15
The article focuses on the impact of headlease forfeiture on subtenants in Great Britain in 2014. Topics discussed include the termination of a sublease, the risk of forfeiture, and the possibility for the head tenant and the subtenant to apply for relief. Also mentioned are how the relief...
- Under new management: Using federal forfeiture statutes to attack the drug trade. Ringwald, Carl G. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Jun96, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p22
Presents a case study of how drug enforcers' availed of federal forfeiture statutes to seize a hotel owned by the Hutton family in New York City which has been proven to a haven for drug trafficking. Investigation of drug trafficking within the hotel; Hutton family's futile opposition to the...
- Hyde bill would protect owners in drug-related asset seizures. // Alcoholism Report;Jul93, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on the Civil Asset Forfeiture Reform Act of 1993 introduced by Representative Henry Hyde. Protection under the Asset Forfeiture Program; Guidelines.
- RECLAIMING JUSTICE. // Christian Science Monitor;4/17/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 101, p8
Focuses on the history of abuse of civil forfeiture laws in the United States, and discusses a bill in the US House of Representatives which will work towards rectifying this situation.
- Concord sought on nonforfeiture update. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/27/97, Vol. 101 Issue 43, p71
Focuses on the law of nonforfeiture, highlighting the vote to be cast on the draft pertaining to nonforfeiture, during the winter meeting of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners in the United States. Importance of this law; Details on another draft developed by the association;...
- Forfeiture laws, and homesteaders. Scharabok, Ken // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;May/Jun94, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p78
Discusses the effects of forfeiture laws on homesteaders. Concept of civil forfeiture; Reasons for the increase in civil forfeiture; Statistics on civil forfeitures in the United States; Strategies to protect against civil forfeiture.
- US squeeze on Colombia yields law on drug assets. Lawrence, David Aquila // Christian Science Monitor;12/18/96, Vol. 89 Issue 17, p6
Reports that Colombia's Congress has approved a vital asset-forfeiture law. Benefits of the law; Details on the law; Ability of Colombian laws to deter drug trafficking; Comments from a public prosecutor in Cali; Sentencing for drug traffickers.
- UTC Founder Ayabatwa: Rwanda Government which Illegally Seized UTC in 2013 Now Condemns The Company For Defaulting On Ta. // African Business News;8/26/2015, p1
No abstract available.