- Assessing quality in pharmacy education in an era of rapid expansion. Maine, Lucinda L.; Vlasses, Peter H. // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p528
Objectives: To describe measures used to evaluate the quality of U.S. pharmacy graduates in an era of rapid increases in the number of pharmacy colleges and schools (CS) and students and to assess if the expansion has influenced such measures. Setting: United States. Practice innovation:...
- An Association Between Paying Physician-teachers for their Teaching Efforts and an Improved Educational Experience for Learners. Ashar, Bimal; Levine, Rachel; Magaziner, Jeffrey; Shochet, Robert; Wright, Scott // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Oct2007, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p1393
BACKGROUND: Medical schools often rely on faculty volunteerism to address clinical teaching needs for students. Increasing time pressures on physicians has made it difficult to secure commitments for clinical instruction. In the 2005-2006 academic year, the Johns Hopkins University School of...
- CNE QUIZ. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Sep2014, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p391
A quiz is presented concerning use of preceptors in prelicensure nursing education, nursing education programs, and problem with the uses of preceptors.
- Julie. Ramsey, Jennie // Creative Nursing;2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p12
Presents an article about a nurse preceptor. Influence of preceptor on how others perceive a person; Information on some clinical nursing experiences.
- APhA Preceptor Training. // Chain Drug Review;10/26/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p97
The article reports on the launch of the Advanced Preceptor for Training program, a curriculum for preceptors, by the American Pharmacists Association (APhA).
- Chapter 18: Working With Clinical Preceptors. Haas, Barbara K.; Deardorff, Kathleen // Mastering the Teaching Role;Feb2008, p219
Chapter 18 of the book "Mastering the Teaching Role: A Guide for Nurse Educators" is presented. It explores the preceptors and their relationships between the student and the faculty and the orientation for volunteer and the paid preceptors. It highlights the challenges of having a preceptor,...
- CARING FOR PRECEPTORS: A SURVEY OF WHAT THEY NEED AND WANT IN EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT. Alspach, Grif // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p8
Comments on caring for families of critically ill patients. Definition of preceptors; Actions to be taken by preceptors to effectively function as ambassador and educational facilitator; Necessary first step in examining the educational support provided to preceptors.
- ASK AACN. // RN;Mar2000, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p24ac4
Presents resources available from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses regarding preceptor training programs. Book `From Staff Nurse to Preceptor'; Preceptor training program for professional healthcare staff.
- TALES OF THE HALL: BOOK IX. THE PRECEPTOR HUSBAND. // Poetical Works of George Crabbe;1914, p391
Book IX "The Preceptor Husband" of the "Tales of the Hall," by George Crabbe is presented.
- Mentor or preceptor: What is the difference? Wensel, Terri M. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/1/2006, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p1597
A letter to the editor is presented, which discusses the difference between the roles of a mentor and a preceptor.