- Internship program aims to retain college talent. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);8/26/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p11
Focuses on the internship program offered at Syracuse University in New York. Benefits of internship programs; Relevance of the internship program on economic development; Evidence suggesting the success of the internship program.
- Internships Now! Sullivan, Mandie // Connection (0895-6405);Winter2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p32
Discusses the significance of internships in developing a company's future workforce. Views on advantages of internships during a poor economy; Strategies to ensure successful internship programs; Impact of an internship program on the work environment.
- Help wanted! 10 steps to getting a successful internship program underway. Larkin, Marilyn // Journal on Active Aging;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p24
The article offers significant tips of how to develop a successful internship program . It is stated that by writing the job description is one way to think and define the particular skills they want from an intern. It is added that selecting an outreach person, qualified mentor and providing...
- One step ahead of the rest. de Perez-Verdia, Cristina // Business Mexico;Aug1995, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on university-based business internship programs. Goals accomplished by internship programs; Four factors for a successful internship program.
- Establishing a successful internship program. Messmer, Max // Business Credit;Apr99, Vol. 101 Issue 4, p42
Offers credit managers advice on how to establish a successful internship program for college students at their organizations. Benefits to be gained by students; Issues to consider when developing an internship program; Establishment of alliances with local colleges and universities.
- International physics research internships in an Australian university. Serene Hyun-Jin Choi; Nieminen, Timo A.; Maucort, G.; Y. X. Gong; Bartylla, C.; Persson, M. // Australian Universities' Review;2013, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p36
Research student internships in physics is one way that students can gain a broad range of research experience in a variety of research environments, and develop international contacts. We explore international physics research internships, focusing on the academic learning experiences, by...
- Office internships--a winning proposition. Mishley, Marcia Piecewic // Secretary;Mar96, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the benefits of implementing an internship program in the company. Basic information concerning internships; Tasks performed by interns; Suggestions for success of an internship program; Commencement of the program.
- Planning internship programs: Tourism students' perceptions. Mekawy, Moustafa A.; Bakr, Moustafa M. Abu // Tourism (13327461);2014, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p41
Internship programs bridge the gap between formal education and practical work experience.4 Designing internship programs and involving student interns are significant themes in tourism research whose interrelationship has been largely neglected. This paper seeks to explore how tourism students'...
- Invest in the Future. Miller, Dale // National Hog Farmer;6/15/2010, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p5
In this article the author discusses the different methods to develop a successful hog industry in the U.S. Mentorship is an effective way to entice highschool and college students to pursue a degree on veterinary medicine. Mentoring can be done by partnering with community college on an...
- VAI Internships Set Good Example. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/07/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p4
Comments on the internship program of the Van Andel Institute and its implications for West Michigan. Universities and colleges who will participate in the internship program; Background on the development of the internship program.