- Staying on top of hospital infections. Mylotte, Joseph M.; Niedermann, Michael S.; Summer, Warren R.; Lamb, Carolyn B. // Patient Care;2/15/1993, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p116
Offers tips on managing nosocomial infections. Types of nosocomial infections; Settings for nosocomial infections; Cost of nosocomial infections.
- Neck ties as vectors for nosocomial infection. Dixon, M. // Intensive Care Medicine;Feb2000, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p250
Presents a letter to the editor about nosocomial infection.
- Hazardous hospitals. De Santis, M. // Cosmopolitan;Jun90, Vol. 208 Issue 6, p70
Reports, briefly, on nosocomial infections, the kind that are acquired in the hospital.
- Skin flora. Fernandes, Tanya // Nursing Standard;4/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p58
A quiz on skin flora and the prevention of nosocomial infections is presented.
- Nosocomial infections: What needs to be done? // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/31/2004, Vol. 171 Issue 5, p421
Comments on the nosocomial infection problems in health facilities. Methods used by health facilities to prevent nosocomial infections; Factors affecting the spread of nosocomial infections; Suggestions to control the spread of nosocomial infections.
- Comparison of Two Surveillance Methods for Detecting Nosocomial Infections in Surgical Patients. Beaujean, D.; Veltkamp, S.; Blok, H.; Gigengack-Baars, A.; van der Werken, C.; Verhoef, J.; Weersink, A. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p444
Nosocomial infections play a role in quality and cost control in health care. Surveillance of these infections is the only way to gain more insight into their frequency and causes. Since the results of surveillance may lead to changes in both patient and hospital management, which are sometimes...
- Are you fudging on hand-washing routines? Breitung, Joan // RN;Jun77, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p71
Presents information on nosocomial infections. Sources of nosocomial infections; Common pathogens associated with nosocomial disease; Ways to check the spread of nosocomial infections. INSET: Standard hand-washing procedure for nonsurgical personnel.
- EXPERIMENTAL VACCINE TO TREAT NOSOCOMIAL INFECTIONS. // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p6
Examines the effectiveness of vaccines on nosocomial infection. Development of staph-vax vaccine; Cause of nosocomial infections; Method of treatment.
- A New Nosocomial Preventive. // People's Medical Society Newsletter;Aug99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3
Presents findings of a study on nosocomial infections among hospital patients. Way to reduce nosocomial infections; Description of catheters.
- INFECTION CONSULT. Kirkis, E. Jacquelyn // RN;Nov81, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p139
Presents guidelines for preventing nosocomial infections. Modes of transmission; Information on nosocomial infections; Benefit of hand washing.