- New Hampshire dispenses down-home advice. Levinson, Nancy // Planning;Jul93, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p24
Features the Community Stewardship Program (CS), a voluntary planning and design assistance program in New Hampshire. Composition of a CSP team; Advisory role; Funding; Emphasis on small communities; Positive impact on interaction between townspeople and team members. INSET: Untitled (Minnesota...
- The Heroes OF Bluffton. Wertheim, L. Jon // Sports Illustrated;5/7/2007, Vol. 106 Issue 19, p78
This article discusses the 2007 Bluffton University baseball team. The team's bus was involved in a crash during a March 2007 crash, killing five of the team's members. The impact of the bus crash on the surviving team members is discussed, and the article notes that the team has dedicated the...
- Chemical solution. Kiefer, Christian // Restaurant Hospitality;Jun97, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p24
Presents information on chemistry scheduling (CS). Definition of CS; View that CS is the key to identifying team members that will be more productive working together; Suggestions for initiating CS at restaurants.
- TECHNOLOGY EDGE. Jones, Stephen Wynne // Money Marketing;8/19/2004, p28
Comments on the impact of technology on the Independent Financial Advisors (IFA) in Great Britain. Advantages of technology on adviser businesses; Discussion on Assureweb's financial services; Establishment of a team dedicated to train and provide consultancy support to the IFA sector.
- Anomalies in the Variation of Elastic Properties of Cesium during Phase Transformations under a Pressure up to 5 GPa. Voronov, F. F.; Stal’gorova, O. V.; Gromnitskaya, E. L. // Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Physics;Jul2002, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p77
The pulsed ultrasonic method is used for studying polycrystalline cesium under a pressure up to 5 GPa. Elastic parameters and compression ratio of cesium are determined and anomalies in the elastic properties of cesium during phase transitions CsI-CsII-CsIII-CsIV are revealed. It is found that...
- Mark Twain was an unsung CS expert. Morey, Roger // Marketing News;05/07/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p16
Features the philosophies of the legendary author Mark Twain in customer satisfaction (CS). Importance of a correct CS program; Value of training employees for customer services; Impact of trust among management and employees on CS.
- CELL BIOLOGY - IMMUNOLOGY - PATHOLOGY Sirolimus increases transforming growth factor-Î²1 expression and potentiates chronic cyclosporine nephrotoxicity. Shihab, Fuad S.; Bennett, William M.; Yi, Hong; Choi, Seung-Ok; Andoh, Takeshi F. // Kidney International;Apr2004, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p1262
Sirolimus increases transforming growth factor-Î²1 expression and potentiates chronic cyclosporine nephrotoxicity. Background. Sirolimus (SRL) is increasingly being used to decrease cyclosporine (CsA) exposure. SRL is not known to be nephrotoxic and has a mechanism of action distinct from CsA....
- Depressive symptoms in Parkinson's disease and in non-neurological medical illnesses. Assogna, Francesca; Fagioli, Sabrina; Cravello, Luca; Meco, Giuseppe; Pierantozzi, Mariangela; Stefani, Alessandro; Imperiale, Francesca; Caltagirone, Carlo; Pontieri, Francesco E.; Spalletta, Gianfranco // Neuropsychiatric Disease & Treatment;2013, Vol. 9, p389
Background: Patients with neurological and non-neurological medical illnesses very often complain of depressive symptoms that are associated with cognitive and functional impairments. We compared the profile of depressive symptoms in Parkinson's disease (PD) patients with that of control...
- Waiting list 'hit squad' now has only five staff. Niamh Griffin // Mail on Sunday;2/21/2016, p18
THE HSE team dedicated to tackling waiting lists and trolleys has just five dedicated staff.
- Base Hits. // Los Angeles Magazine;Apr2004, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p22
Presents a list of Web sites dedicated to the baseball team, Los Angeles Dodgers.