- Shared Governance As a Catalyst for Success in a Small Community Hospital ICU. M., Gooding; R., Lindsey // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe45
An abstract of the article "Shared Governance As a Catalyst for Success in a Small Community Hospital ICU," by M. Gooding and R. Lindsey is presented.
- Implementation of pharmacy services in a telemedicine intensive care unit. Meidl, Tracy M.; Woller, Thomas W.; Iglar, Arlene M.; Brierton, Dennis G. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/1/2008, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p1464
Purpose. The implementation of a remote intensive care unit (ICU) pharmacy service in a 13-hospital health system is discussed. Summary. Significant challenges for small hospitals are timely, consistent delivery of critical care and being able to have highly experienced critical care physicians,...
- Study: Hospitals could save lives, money in ICUs by emulating top 100. Parker, Che // AHA News;02/12/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p2
Reveals the results of a study which ranked the performance of Intensive Care Units (ICU) at teaching and community hospitals in the United States. Need of hospital ICU to follow the standards established by the top 100 ICU in the country; How hospitals can reduce adverse events in their ICU;...
- HOSPITALS COOPERATE FOR EICU. // Health Data Management;Jun2008, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p18
The article reports the agreement of six community and rural hospitals in Maryland to cooperate in sharing resources to improve critical care with the use of the VISICU Unit of Philips Healthcare. The technology called eICU will enable voice, video and data connectivity between intensive care...
- Fujifi lm publish brochure on their new FDR AcSelerate Csl. // Operating Theatre Journal;Oct2012, Issue 265, p5
The article notes that Fujiï¬lm, which is a pioneer in diagnostic imaging and information systems for healthcare, have published a brochure summarizing the benefits and features of their recently launched next generation FDR AcSelerate CsI, where CsI stands for cesium iodide.
- Central Service: Do you know who we are? Kovach, Stephen M. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jan2005, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p54
Provides information on the central service (CS) department of hospitals. Other names of the CS department; Misconceptions about CS; Responsibilities of the CS department; Importance of the CS department to hospital operations.
- Length of ICU stay for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease varies among large community hospitals. Keenan, Sean P.; Dodek, Peter; Chan, Keith; Hogg, Robert S.; Craib, Kevin J. P.; Anis, Aslam H.; Spinelli, John J. // Intensive Care Medicine;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p590
Objective. To determine whether differences exist among large community hospitals in length of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) stay, hospital stay or hospital mortality for patients admitted to ICU and whose most responsible diagnosis was chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Design....
- WARMING UP TO TELEMEDICINE. Allen, Laura // Popular Science;Jun2004, Vol. 264 Issue 6, p54
Provides information on electronic intensive care units (e-ICU). Installation of e-ICU in hospitals in the U.S.; Advantages of e-ICU; Decline in ICU mortality in the U.S.; Tasks performed by e-ICU.
- What's new for patient safety in the ICU? Garrouste-Orgeas, Maité; Valentin, Andreas // Intensive Care Medicine;Oct2013, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p1829
In this article, the authors focus on researches related to patient safety issues in the intensive care unit (ICU). They inform that there are several challenges raised by patient safety including visibility, complexity and autonomy and mention that hospital systems can use computerized...
- Physical mechanisms for anisotropic plasma etching of cesium iodide. Xiaoji Yang; Hopwood, Jeffrey A. // Journal of Applied Physics;11/1/2004, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p4800
The physical mechanisms for the interaction between a reactive plasma and a cesium iodide surface are investigated. Under conditions of ion bombardment and elevated substrate temperature, CsI is found to sputter etch slowly (15 nm/min). If atomic fluorine, fluorocarbon radicals, of SFx radicals...