How Does Your Data Center Measure Up?
- New Online Tool Aids Material Research. // Assembly;Feb2012, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p18
The article offers brief information on an online toolkit developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- Barriers to green power. Kostial, Stefan // Electrical World;Jul98, Vol. 212 Issue 7, p8
Reports on a study which was conducted by Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), Berkeley, California, on the impact of restructuring rules being developed by legislators and regulators on the success or failure of green electricity markets in the United States (US). Amount of US green...
- Powerful Online Tool Aims at Faster Materials Research. Abaffy, Luke // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/9/2012, Vol. 268 Issue 1, p19
The article looks at the Materials Project online tool developed by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory that uses supercomputer technology to allow users to compute the material properties of chemical compounds. The project includes a...
- Energy Tools at a Glance. // Buildings;Aug2013, Vol. 107 Issue 8, p9
The article offers information on several tools which help maximize energy efficiency in commercial buildings. It notes the Energy Star Portfolio Manager of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which features benchmarking capacity. It mentions the Buildings Performance Database of the...
- Radon update. J.A.G.; Phillips, William G. // Popular Science;Feb98, Vol. 252 Issue 2, p29
Presents a map of the United States compiled by researchers at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory's Indoor Environment Program showing radon levels. Who the researchers worked with; What radon is; How the map was created.
- Supermagnet. // New Scientist;05/10/97, Vol. 154 Issue 2081, p16
Reports on the development of a magnet which has a strength of 13.5 tesla at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California. Possible use of a series of such magnets to accelerate and smash particles together with unprecedented energies.
- List of Foreign Laboratories. // Materials Science Foundations;2014, Vol. 76, preceding p1
A list of foreign laboratories is presented, that includes Faculty of Materials Science and Ceramics, AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, California, and ArcelorMittal Global R&D Gent, Belgium.
- Experimental Holey Silicon Acts as an Efficient Thermoelectric Material. // Electronics Protection;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p20
The article reports that a holey silicon (HS) nanostructures with enhanced thermoelectric performance has been developed by Peidong Yang and his colleagues from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California.
- PCD&F Briefs. // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Feb2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the printed circuits industry as of February 2012. Printed circuit boards (PCB) distributor Compeq will invest $45 million in PCB manufacturing plant in China. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory have...