Regenerative Dual Duct: An Overview
- DUCTWORK: TO CLEAN OR NOT TO CLEAN? // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2008, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p198
The article discusses whether to clean or not to clean the heating or air conditioning ductwork. According to the author, the decision to leave the ducts as they are or to pay someone to clean them is not simple. One thing to consider is the type of ductwork. If the interior has exposed...
- Fix-a-flat for ducts. Murray, Chuck; Gunther, Judith Anne // Popular Science;Mar96, Vol. 248 Issue 3, p28
Describes a solution to holes and cracks in household duct systems which cause homeowners to waste money for heat and air-conditioning. An apparatus which injects an aerosol spray to plug ductwork leaks developed by Mark Modera of the Department of Energy's Berkeley Laboratory; How the process...
- What to consider when monitoring for AIR DUCT HAZARDS. Rollick, Kelly // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2006, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p67
The article focuses on the factors to be considered when monitoring for air duct hazards. According to sources, these factors include the sampling conditions, gas characteristics and flow dimensions, in order to obtain a meaningful gas measurement. Meanwhile, sensor placement is also a critical...
- Bringing Respect To Duct Cleaning. Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/5/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the air duct cleaning business of Safety King Inc. Importance given by the company to quality work; Competition with other providers. INSET: You'll Never Know What You'll Find.
- CATALOGS & PRODUCTS. // Test & Measurement World;Nov2005, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p68
Features several products related to equipment and supplies in high technology industries. Introduction of Spectrum Control, which offers feed-thru AC and DC single-line power filters up to 500 A; Launch of new line of field-monitoring equipment, including a laser-powered e-field probe;...
- Seal your heater ducts and save money. Haskell, Ted; Brook, David // Consumers' Research Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p32
Describes materials for sealing air ducts and how to seal them. Mastic; Mesh tape; Duct tape; Cavities used as ducts; Plenum-to-air handler connection; Duct junctions; Joints between sections; Toe-kick registers; Seams. INSET: Simplified chimney backdraft test..
- Flushing out velocity problems. Bennett, Dick // Process Heating;Oct96, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p18
Presents tips on managing velocity problems in air piping systems. Estimation of the piping and ductwork for a given flow problem; Flow uniformity; Air density and weight flow rate.
- Performance standard approved for air duct-cleaning industry. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/18/93, Vol. 188 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the approval by the board of directors of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) of its performance standard. Acceptable level of cleanliness; Availability of the copies of the standard; Contact number.
- Duct leakage and system performance closely linked. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/13/97, Vol. 202 Issue 7, p6
Offers tips on handling air conditioning duct leakage. Downside of boosting air volume at the fan; Processes that improve energy efficiency; Tips on increasing fan speed.