Testing Methods for HVAC Motors
- MAINTAINING MOTORS WITH REGULAR TESTING. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Dec2006, Vol. 40 Issue 6, Special section p25
The article presents information on insulation testing which is helpful in identifying problems in electrical equipment such as motors. Insulation resistance can be determined on the basis of physical and electrical characteristics of the equipment and the insulation materials used. The downward...
- New methods for motor monitoring. // CEE News;Dec99, Vol. 51 Issue 13, p18
Looks at how the use of an automatic insulation-resistance tester can help prevent motor failure. Cost and downtime associated with motors that need to be rewound; Unscheduled shutdown caused by motor failure at electric generating stations; Importance of preventive maintenance; Use of the...
- KTM TWIN-CAM TOP END REBUILD. Kramer, Karel; Castleberry, Clint // Dirt Rider;Aug2008, Issue 308, p133
The article offers tips on how to inspect SX and XC 450 motors.
- LITTLE HOTTIE. ANDERS, GEOFF // NZ 4WD;Dec2008, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p63
The article considers the problem involving the thermocouples of a vehicle, which was stuck closed causing very little water to flow between the motor and radiator. The problem also affected the radiator with the heat from the transmission being fed into it. The fan was made to run permanently...
- Heat Energy Savings. // Jet;11/17/2008, Vol. 114 Issue 19, p3
The article discusses steps that homeowners can take to make their homes more energy efficient. According to the article, one step that homeowners can take to make their homes more energy and cost efficient is to insulate their attics. The rating of insulation that the author feels people should...
- Perving on the engine is as important as driving it for a propeller head like me. Morley // Motor;Feb2000, p116
Relates how the author enjoyed tinkering with automobile engines. Author's claim that tinkering with engine is as important as driving; Lessons learned from tinkering with a Volkswagen engine.
- DON'T LET PROBLEMS FESTER. // Sea Magazine;Oct2015, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p28
The article describes the author's experience of repairing the engine of a motorboat owned by his friend Wayne.
- Replacing Engine Mounts. Weissler, Paul // Popular Mechanics;Feb2001, Vol. 178 Issue 2, p103
Provides tips on how to replace automobile engine mounts. Ideal description of engine mounts; Car maintenance suggestions.
- FIRING On aLL CYLInDERS? // Tomorrow's Technician;Aug2014, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p50
The article discusses the benefits of using a running compression test or dynamic compression test, and presents step-by-step instructions on how to perform the test. Topics discussed include test used to determine cause of a misfire when usual test results are normal and verify equal...