Almost Random Careers: The Wisconsin School Superintendency, 1940-1972
- Ex-Obama Adviser to Leave 'New Leaders' CEO Post. KLEIN, ALYSON // Education Week;1/12/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that Jon Schnur, former adviser on education to U.S. President Barack Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign, will leave his position as the chief executive officer (CEO) of the nonprofit organization New Leaders for New Schools.
- Mastering a new world. Anand, Sameera // FinanceAsia;Jul2009, p25
The article reports on the resignation of Ajay Banga, the Asia-Pacific chief executive officer of Citi, who will join MasterCard Inc. Banga has been designated to become the president and chief operating officer of MasterCard. He was recognized for managing the credit cards, consumer banking and...
- Freddie Mac CEO Quits as Federal Ties Strengthen. Terris, Harry // American Banker;3/3/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 41, p9
The article examines the resignation of David Moffett as Chief Executive Officer of the government-sponsored enterprise Freddie Mac. Moffett had held the job for only six months. It is speculated that Moffett was frustrated with the increased government control of Freddie Mac since it was placed...
- The Right (Temporary) Fit. Gee, David; Hammond, Jan; Myers, Ann // American School Board Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 197 Issue 7, p32
The article focuses on seeking for in an interim superintendent in school boards in the U.S. to replace one who takes up another position. It mentions that the rush to find an interim is a common scenario and a list of qualified interim superintendents is deemed a premium. It differentiates the...
- Run the Red Lights. Holliday, Terry // Scholastic Administrator;May2009, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p58
The author shares his experiences on how he addressed the challenges being a Superintendent of the Iredell-Statesville Schools in North Carolina. Citing various problems in his district, he notes that he and his colleagues overcame such challenges by implementing classroom walkthroughs, which...
- F.N.B. CEO Sets Departure Plan. Kline, Alan // American Banker;7/3/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 126, p20
This article discusses the resignation of Stephen J. Gurgovits, the president and chief executive officer of F. N. B. Corp. The corporation has not announced a replacement for Gurgovits, who will step down after working for the company for over forty years. This announcement was made 30 months...
- A Conceptual Selection Framework of Inside CEO Succession. Chen, Hai-Ming; Wan, Tung-Hsuan // International Journal of Management;Sep99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p422
Deals with a study which focused on the succession process of chief executive officers (CEO). Common mistakes in CEO succession; Importance of demographic characteristics.
- Turbulent economy leads to growing number of C-suite shakeups for many foodservice leaders. Berta, Dina // Nation's Restaurant News;6/23/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 25, p14
The article reports on the rising rates of turnover among chief executives in the foodservice industry attributed or credited to the economic crisis.
- Rate of global CEO turnover has plateaued. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 28 Issue 165, p27
The article offers information on the result of the sixth annual survey by Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. related to chief executive officer (CEO) turnover. It was found that corporate boards have replaced underperforming CEOs quickly, as they focus more on grooming in-house leaders. It is stated that...