- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;3/18/98, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p15
Presents news regarding the chemical industry. Selection of a president and chief operating officer for Quaker Chemical comapny; Acquisition of polyisocyanurate foam producer Exeltherm by the firm Johns Mansville; Completion of the insecticide field trials of Xenova Discovery company.
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;6/17/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 23, p29
Presents information on the values of mergers and acquisitions of several chemical firms for the first quarter of 1998. Advisers of chemical companies; Acquired investments of the companies; Deals with no value reported.
- Specialties. // Chemical Week;3/18/98, Vol. 160 Issue 10, p28
Presents news concerning the specialty chemicals industry. Acquisition of Exxon Chemical company's flame retardant plastic compounds business by M.A. Hanna; Acquisition of Georgia-Pacific Resin's resin technology by U.S. Polymers; Investment in Shepard Chemical company's cobalt-based products.
- Slowdown takes hold. Chang, Joe // Asian Chemical News;9/22/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 417, p24
Reports on the performance of the chemical industry in North America in 2002. Percentage of decline in mergers and acquisitions in the global chemical industry in 2002; List of companies with increases in operating profit; Capital expenditures of the industry.
- ICI snaps up Unilevel units for $8 billion. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/14/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 19, p8
Reports on ICI corporation's acquisition of Unilever company's specialty chemical business. Subsidiaries covered by the purchase deal; Impact of the acquisition to ICI chemical business; Comments by ICI chief executive officer Charles Miller Smith on the business merger.
- Mobil, Hoechst AG combine OPP businesses. // Candy Industry;Apr98, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p11
Reports the merger agreement of Mobil Chemical Company and Hoechst AG on their oriented polypropylene (OPP) flexible films businesses. Terms of the agreement; Comments from public affairs manager Mike Kimmitt of Mobil Chemical; Completion of the joint venture.
- Wrap-Up. // Chemical Week;2/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p26
Presents news briefs on chemical-related issues in Asia. Launching of V-Tech, a joint venture of Mitsubishi Chemical and Toagosei; Merger of Taoka Chemical and Sanken Chemical; Expansion plans of Sanyo Chemical company for its superabsorbent polymer.
- Specialties Newsfront. SCHERAGA, DAN // Chemical Market Reporter;03/22/99, Vol. 255 Issue 12, p29
Presents news briefs on specialties chemical industry. Acquisition of the portion of Nevcin Polymers BV by Neville Chemical Co.; Expansion made by FMC Corp. for its Tonawanda, New York persulfate business plant; Annual growth rate of the printing inks industry of the United States.
- Wrap-up. // Chemical Week;4/15/98, Vol. 160 Issue 14, p17
Provides information on several issues and activities surrounding the chemical industry. Contract awarded by Clariant AG to J.A. Jones Construction Company; Expansion of polyester toner resins of High Point Chemical Corporation; Expansion of Goodyear Corporation on its polyisoprene rubber in Texas.