Thoughts to Guide Your Professional Activities
- The Perfect Match. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p88
Provides advice for financial planners and investment advisers in choosing an ideal client. Benefits of attracting clients with the same interest as the financial planner; Factors to consider in choosing the right client; Importance of identifying a specific niche for financial planners. ...
- A New Resolve. Richards, Dan // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p92
Provides advice for financial planners and investment advisers on improving their business strategy. Exploration of the financial needs of their clients; Importance of developing the questioning skills of financial planners and investment advisers; Benefits of technology upgrading.
- The Buy Side. Grau, David // Financial Planning;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p91
Gives advice to financial advisers on developing their practices through smart acquisitions. Information on the case of Robby Harfst; Some basic steps of increasing the chances of acquiring the right deal; Characteristics of an investment adviser.
- Sudden Wealth. Ruth, Jim // Advisor Today;May2000, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p20
Presents a technique on how financial advisors can build credibility and illustrate familiarity to certain issues faced by clients who have acquired sudden wealth. Experience in dealing with such clients; Information on a chart titled `Issues of Sudden Wealth' that financial advisors can use...
- Use Tech To Map 2004 Sales Strategy. Lyons, Tim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/24/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 47, p6
Recommends the use of technology to investment professionals in the U.S. to determine how they will manage their businesses in 2004. Technology products and platforms that can impact the business of investments professionals; Personalization of key concepts.
- The 150 best financial advisers for doctors. // Contemporary OB/GYN;9/15/2008 Special Issue, Vol. 53, p25
A list of the 150 best financial advisers for doctors in the U.S. is presented including Patricia F. Raskob of Arizona-based Raskob Kambourian Financial Advisors, Delaware-based Michael J. Sicuranza of Investment Management & Planning LLC and Austin A. Frye of Florida-based Frye Financial Center.
- I.D., Please. Richards, Dan // Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p131
Offers pieces of advice for financial planners. Importance of defining business; Tips on targeting customer; Criteria for defining business.
- College Launches Paraplanner Mark. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Apr2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p32
Reports that the College of Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado has announced its Registered Paraplanner Certification for financial planners. Coverage of the certification program.
- OUTSIDE EDGE. Bamford, Nick // Money Marketing;11/14/2002, p30
Focuses on the effects of technology on the future of independent financial advisers. Decline of costs of product providers in Great Britain.
- Quality will need to trump quantity after FOFA. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;1/26/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the assessment of industry players on the difficulty facing financial planners in serving more than 300 or 400 clients in the advent of Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) which will serve to limit client loads to closely reflect the expectations of clients in Australia.